• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Space Gun in process! 15" Manticore handguard and carry handle combo. Bullpup chasis en route but delayed by the UPS. This handguard will function on a non-pupped Scorpion.

Attachments

• 20220729_152049.jpg
      20220729_152049.jpg
      906.3 KB · Views: 90

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    What a SLOG it was to get this thing together. The instructions are awful and the only video online showing this thing get put together has the most boring person doing it who mispronounces words constantly. Nearly every aspect of assembly required excessive force getting it together. Neither the factory CZ grip or the Spikes fit the chassis (although the Spikes goes the furthest before completely stopping). Something about the new magwell geometry crushes all confidence in mags staying in and not being accidentally bumped out, and the mag paddle has nearly zero tension. The trigger is remarkably gritty and heavy, and doesn't reset every time. The safety was not lining up with the trigger bar, effectively making the safety a nonfunctional piece until you wiggle the trigger into the correct position to engage. The Manticore foreend looks great on the kit, but the light rail and skinny barrel profile have killed the balance.

Oh, and UPS delayed the delivery by over a week.

All in all, wouldn't recommend the kit.

Attachments

• 20220801_183654.jpg
      20220801_183654.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 72
    • 20220801_183709.jpg
      20220801_183709.jpg
      414.8 KB · Views: 78
    Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Yeah, I'm gonna tear it down and try again. I've read complaints of trigger reset being an issue but not normally with factory springs in the pack. I'm gonna add a spacer to the mag catch spring to increase the tension, so that won't be too bad (the worst part is a nightmarishly tight roll pin). I think the safety issue will be resolved once the trigger reset is fixed. I'll save filing the grip for last in case I end up sending it back. This thing was built by Manticore Arms in the USA but has CZ branding on it, so the poor fitment is really quick shocking.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, I'm gonna tear it down and try again. I've read complaints of trigger reset being an issue but not normally with factory springs in the pack. I'm gonna add a spacer to the mag catch spring to increase the tension, so that won't be too bad (the worst part is a nightmarishly tight roll pin). I think the safety issue will be resolved once the trigger reset is fixed. I'll save filing the grip for last in case I end up sending it back. This thing was built by Manticore Arms in the USA but has CZ branding on it, so the poor fitment is really quick shocking.
    Is it a generation issue??

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Is it a generation issue??
    Not that I'm aware of! The only generational issue that comes up is that newer ones have welded trigger pack retainer screws that are miserable to pull out, which you gotta do to put the FCG into the new bully stock. This Scorpion was not welded (although the screw still promptly broke lol)

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    My initial impressions definitely aren't great, but I look forward to tinkering with it to get it working the way I want it to. Pics make it look bulky, and it is, but it is also deceptively compact for a 16" carbine. If I dropped the linear comp, it'd be shorter than my AP5 and the CZ LOP is still longer and more comfortable to hold. The potential is there, but my experience tells me this kit definitely needs work out of the box to run acceptably. I definitely wouldn't recommend the kit at all if you aren't super handy or willing to hand fit and fine tune your piece.

Attachments

• 20220801_212252.jpg
      20220801_212252.jpg
      662.8 KB · Views: 56

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My initial impressions definitely aren't great, but I look forward to tinkering with it to get it working the way I want it to. Pics make it look bulky, and it is, but it is also deceptively compact for a 16" carbine. If I dropped the linear comp, it'd be shorter than my AP5 and the CZ LOP is still longer and more comfortable to hold. The potential is there, but my experience tells me this kit definitely needs work out of the box to run acceptably. I definitely wouldn't recommend the kit at all if you aren't super handy or willing to hand fit and fine tune your piece.
    I like it, definitely got a SA80 vibe.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Just a quick update. I pulled apart the trigger pack and it was rusted on the inside. Spent some time scrubbing it down and it positively resets again (warning, its a doozy to get this thing back together with the factory trigger spring). I also filed all the rough edges and burrs off the trigger bar and cleaned up the plastic flash inside the lower. The safety works properly now that everything is gliding better. I've spent the last hour filing the grip and mount point on the lower, and still cannot get either the factory grip nor the Spikes on there.

Top Bottom