• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam 270

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Corn maize = 65.00. Breton hay seed Co 72.00 these are 55 gal drum prices. They said corn prices will increase toward deer season.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see $100 per drum come deer season, and to think I paid $35 a drum this past deer season and even saw some advertised at $30 a drum. Going to be expensive this fall trying to plant plots and buy corn, things like this absolutely drive me crazy. Have burned $126 of gas in my truck since yesterday, I am one pissed off feller. Don’t know how much more of this crap I can take !

gameaholic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We filled 3 55 gallon drums for $40 per drum Saturday. The farmer told us corn was $5 and change a bushel last year, is at $8 a bushel as of Saturday. He also said he paid a little over $10k for a buggy of fertilizer last year, this year it is $25k per buggy. Said he spread 3 buggies last week.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably a good idea to grab a season's worth now IF you're the kind that just has to have corn.

I remember some years ago when corn was high, I think about $15 a bag, we stopped buying it, still killed deer.

I'm not going to pay inflated prices for corn...

Reactions: FLT

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    For the subsistance guys that travel over the horizon to go deer hunting at a camp or state forest, yall might as well stay home and buy food at the Walmart. After multiple trips to and from for feeders, surveillance and then actual hunting, that deer will cost you at least $500 in gas, before paying for sausage processing. That sucks. Hopefully yall bag more than one, if allowable, and drop the average down to $250 per deer or less. But just think, if yall give it a rest for a year or two in the Blackwater, the next season you might have something to shoot at bigger than a dog with nubs

Top Bottom