• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Well, it is Connecticut after all. I am SO glad I don't live in one of "those" states. Sounds like the poor guy will get off the present charges but I would consider moving out of state after all of this if I were him.

Telum Pisces

Master
    So moral of the story is don't work as a chemist. Don't collect guns. Don't collect and shoot off rockets as a hobby. Don't become a horder. Don't have what equates to M-80 firecrackers either. Don't collect nice cars or put jet fuel in them either.

In other words don't do anything fun. Because when you call the cops to your house because someone burglarized your home, they are going to arrest you for your hobbies.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...uns-explosives-chemist-home-article-1.1479832

Here's what another article said too. Someone called in and asked the cops to check on the guy. Very suspicious to say the least.

"said that the investigation was prompted after a person from "out of state" asked police to conduct a "welfare check" on Mr. Callahan. "

Last edited:

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I hope he makes them pay via the courts. These dipshits put this guy in jail for no good reason. They didn't say he had M-80s, just the makings for them... Hell, we all do if you have powder, 20 guage hulls duct tape and some sort of fuse. I guess if I have a crow bar, a sawzall, and a hammer, I have burglary tools.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    So sick and tired of being constantly looked at as "weird" cause I own guns. Not my coworkers or such but family members.

fiftycal

Expert
    We aren't supposed to be a Democracy but rather a Republic. The American Republic was effectively destroyed in the year 1913. This was a result of ratification of the 16th Amendment aka the Income Tax, ratification of the 17th Amendment direct election of Senators,and creation of the federal reserve. All of these were supposed to make our government more democratic - which they did. However,our founders realized that democracy was the last step towards anarchy and the establishment of a police state. Look at the current situation. I rest my case.

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Cops and feds know they can hit you with whatever BS charges they want. If you arent well off you will deal if you got thousands for a lawyer and end up getting off they will just shrug their shoulders and so sorry bud. But this is what happens when the only people watching the police do the policing are police

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Born and Raised in the north (Massachusetts) Glad I got out when I did! Amazes me that a so called free country can strip you of some of your most basic rights...
    As Telum Pisces said "In other words don't do anything fun. Because when you call the cops to your house because someone burglarized your home, they are going to arrest you for your hobbies." Better off leaving the law out of things!

Im keeping my rear end in the south! Told my family if they wanna see me they better come down here. I wont even visit the New England area.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Born and Raised in the north (Massachusetts) Glad I got out when I did! Amazes me that a so called free country can strip you of some of your most basic rights...
    As Telum Pisces said "In other words don't do anything fun. Because when you call the cops to your house because someone burglarized your home, they are going to arrest you for your hobbies." Better off leaving the law out of things!

Im keeping my rear end in the south! Told my family if they wanna see me they better come down here. I wont even visit the New England area.

Is it that bad up there?

bac3996

Marksman
    Fairfield man pleads not guilty to bomb charges
    Posted: Nov 05, 2013 2:21 PM CST Updated: Nov 05, 2013 2:27 PM CST
    By Joseph Wenzel IV, News Editor

Fairfield man accused of making a bomb due in court Wednesday
    Police: Man making bomb for Stones rock musician

Police said 69-year-old Joseph Callahan told them he was making bombs for Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.

Callahan was charged with 112 counts of illegal possession of explosives, in addition to illegal bomb manufacturing and six counts of first-degree reckless endangerment.

On Tuesday, Callahan appeared in Bridgeport Superior Court where he pleaded not guilty.

Police were first called to Callahan's home Oct. 1 on reports of a burglary. Hazmat crews and the bomb squad spent hours removing hazardous materials, including explosive chemicals and hundreds of gallons of jet fuel, from Callahan's home after it was discovered.

Callahan, who has a background in chemistry, told police all he played with explosives as a hobby, according to The Associated Press.

Members online

Top Bottom