• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevFisch

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know Ravin is the top of the line crossbow, but I don’t think I’m ready to pay that much.

I know ten point and wicked ridge are also good. If you had about $500 what crossbow would you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I settled on the barnett whitetail hunter str. I think with extra bolts and broadheads I came in at just under 500 at amazon. I flinched the first few times I fired it, so I bought a hunting tripod.

PensacolaEd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Killer Instinct - I just bought the "Lethal 405" Package from Cabela's for $200!! Lifetime Warranty, 405 FPS. Shoots fantastic! Use the other $300 to but some lighted 20" Bolts. Read the reviews on Killer Instinct Crossbows - hell, you could buy TWO for the $500, and still have enough left over for a half dozen Lumen-Arrow Lighted Bolts.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I bought a Carbon Express Pile Driver last year and have had very good luck with it. I found it at Midwayusa on sale for $199.97 and it even came with the mechanical hand crank. I took two pigs with it last year and just shot a deer with it yesterday at about 50 yards. Those $2,000 Ravens are cool and all but that seems a bit steep when I am taking animals with a crossbow at 1/10 the price.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know Ravin is the top of the line crossbow, but I don’t think I’m ready to pay that much.

I know ten point and wicked ridge are also good. If you had about $500 what crossbow would you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd cruise pawn shops and pay around 100-200 for a 2-10 year old model ;)
    Folks dump 'em right after hunting season to get the Next New Shiny!
    When in reality, a 40 yr old crossbow still works just fine.
    Those new ones are less wide and really cool, but there are plenty
    of slightly older models that have nothing wrong with 'em available.
    Like my Barnett Quad 400 with crank.

Also, buying hunting gear right before/during the season tends to get pricey.
    Best time is after hunting seasons...usually right after Turkey ends to buy.

Last edited:

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I too have a Barnett Whitetail Hunter STR. I had a Ten Point and was not happy. Very noisy and the accudraw cracked on me. Barnett make a good bow for under 500 bucks !!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Centerpoint sniper 370. Thing has 370FPS and is an absolute tack driver. They're $300 on amazon right now. I bought some bolts with deeper notches and some T3 broadheads and it's a beast. Has an adjustable AR15 style butt stock and an adjustable forward grip. Even the scope that it comes with is nice. It has illuminated distance marks and is 4x32. For the money, it's hard to beat. I know a lot of folks are big on name brands, but this thing produces every time and will surprise you for the money. Even the factory bolts it comes with are solid. I just like a deeper notch for a positive send every time. Here's a link to it.

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Ten point Titan M1 and it’s been a great shooter. It’s the only crossbow Iv owned so I cannot compare.

Top Bottom