• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After lots of reading and research, and questions and answers on this forum and others, I ordered a Crosman 2240 CO2 pistol from PyramydAir. It was a good price, and I used a $10.00 off coupon to speed up the delivery.
    I picked up 500 Crosman Premier hollow point pellets and a box of 15 Crosman Powerlet CO2 cartridges at Wal Mart, when I got the notice that my new pistol had been delivered.

My first impression agrees with a lot of the internet reviews I've read. This is a solid gun, not a cheap toy. There are some plastic parts, and it doesn't have the fit and finish of a more expensive gun, but it is not an expensive gun.
    It does have quite a following, and lots of mods and upgrades are available, from free and simple tweaks up to some serious customizing. I will be considering a few mods, once I get used to it and see what I want it to do.
    I've only put a few shots through it, but I'm impressed. I've never shot a .22 caliber pellet gun. It sure puts a thump on soda bottles. Accuracy at 15-25 feet or so, off-hand, is just fine. I haven't measured groups yet, but I have not missed any random targets of differing sizes during my informal walk through the yard. Pick a pine cone, pop!
    It's a real fun pistol, and the power and quality is much better than any CO2 pistol I've messed around with as a youngster. I believe it will be getting some upgrades, but I'm not in a rush. I just thought I would share my experience with the gun, and PyramydAir is on my list of places that can have more of my money now. Thanks for listening.
    Sj1

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want even better accuracy start trying different pellets. Pyramyd has an excellent selection. I have found in several guns either the jsb or air arms to be consistently among the best. The jsb's give nice tight groups but in my guns sometimes give a flyer that lands 1/2 inch or so from the rest of the group where the air arms very, very rarely give a flyer and if you do get one it lands about 1/4 inch from the group.

Reactions: sj1

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Thanks for the write up! I've been considering getting one of these for plinking in the backyard. How loud would you say is it? I know obviously it's not super sonic cracking or anything, just curious!

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would compare it to a .22 rifle shooting CCI Quiet rounds. Not as quiet as some air rifles I looked into. It's not going to wake anyone up from a sound sleep, but it might attract some attention.
    I definitely plan on trying different pellets. It's one of the reasons I became interested in air guns, the ammo isn't as vulnerable to shortages every election cycle. I'm sure I'll be doing some modifications, too. This looks like a good time, so far.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a Crossman 2240 and I am very happy with it! Mine prefers the Ruger 17 gr Super Points! These work quite well on squirrels at reasonable handgun distances. Enjoy!

Reactions: sj1
    Top Bottom