• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    The retailers are in on it. They've priced everything nearly out of reach. At Academy, Norma 50 ct. 22LR is $9.99. Yep, 10 bucks for 50 rounds. So, what does this do? 1. Limits the lines waiting to bust through the doors at opening just to flip ammo. 2. Causes those who need ammo to buy only what they need. 3. Causes a net ammo surplus. So if the shelves fill up, the retailer has to move inventory and the best way is to lower prices. As long as the shelves get stripped, prices increase.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The retailers are in on it. They've priced everything nearly out of reach. At Academy, Norma 50 ct. 22LR is $9.99. Yep, 10 bucks for 50 rounds. So, what does this do? 1. Limits the lines waiting to bust through the doors at opening just to flip ammo. 2. Causes those who need ammo to buy only what they need. 3. Causes a net ammo surplus. So if the shelves fill up, the retailer has to move inventory and the best way is to lower prices. As long as the shelves get stripped, prices increase.
    So, that sounds like the basic economics of Supply and Demand? If they are getting cleaned out by hordes of resellers, their prices are too low and they are missing out on profits.

What are the retailers in on?

Va boy

Marksman
    So, that sounds like the basic economics of Supply and Demand? If they are getting cleaned out by hordes of resellers, their prices are too low and they are missing out on profits.

What are the retailers in on?
    If anyone thinks for an instant the retailers aren't thrilled the big box stores don't sell much in the way of ammo anymore, they're not paying attention. If anyone thinks $10 for 50 rds of .22LR is ok they need to re-evaluate. All ammo has doubled or tripled in some cases. Its not covid, metal prices, new shooters or production line output by themselves. I understand supply side economics. I also understand predatory pricing and IMO thats what is going on.

Upon review, the correct term is Competitive Pricing. All above is my opinion only

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    If anyone thinks for an instant the retailers aren't thrilled the big box stores don't sell much in the way of ammo anymore, they're not paying attention. If anyone thinks $10 for 50 rds of .22LR is ok they need to re-evaluate. All ammo has doubled or tripled in some cases. Its not covid, metal prices, new shooters or production line output by themselves. I understand supply side economics. I also understand predatory pricing and IMO thats what is going on
    I PMd you instead as this section is about "Ammo deals" and not an off topic about economics. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom