• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    We hunted last night at the peanut fields in north SR county. Weird night. We got set up about 8PM on the edge of a 50A field with woods rows connecting it to other fields. Of course the peanuts have been picked for some time now however if the soils moisture content is just right the hogs come back for some easy rooting on the nuts that the did not get eaten/rooted previously because of the depth.

Wind was crazy,gusting from everywhere EXCEPT the south which would have helped us greatly. We saw deer,and the various smaller animals but no coyotes or hogs. At one point we thought that we saw three hogs a long way away,probably 450yds,but after a long stalk they turned out to be deer. The air was dense and that didn't help the viewing thru thermal.

Right now we are waiting for the farmers to start turning the soil. When they do,it will bring the deep buried peanuts and corn to the top. These have been fermented under ground for 6 months or so and will give off a hell of an odor. This is like a dinner bell for the hogs. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Damn right Stan. I'll whistle,they'll turn and look,you choot 'em in the eyeball with that new .17 ........ no wait,forgot that you will have a Pentax on it.

MISS !! Damn Stanley !! BTW,thought about you last PM when we seen them coon asses. --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pentax

Damn right Stan. I'll whistle,they'll turn and look,you choot 'em in the eyeball with that new .17 ........ no wait,forgot that you will have a Pentax on it.

MISS !! Damn Stanley !! BTW,thought about you last PM when we seen them coon asses. --- SAWMAN

Man that Pentax prolly has better view at night than that cheap ass thermal ur running!!!!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to see you are up an around Mr. Sawman, no hogs are safe now!!!! May hit the river in the morn. Would like a mess of shellcrackers!!!! Denny in pace!!

Top Bottom