• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to ERGC last week and had the pleasure of shooting next to a pretty nice fella.
    As I was swapping from the Ruger to the AK, I spied a lengthy heat dissipator amongst his cornucopia of manly toys. I was intrigued and had to ask him about it. He smiled really, really big and told me it was a British Sterling SMG from Wise Lite Arms. Shame on me for not knowing, huh?

I'm not the most knowledgable gun guy, and Im not afraid to admit it. We all had to start somewhere and this guy was good enough not to poo poo my lack of knowledge. He showed me the firearm in detail, told me a bit about it, then proceeded to load up a mag and hand it over. I generally shy away from shooting stuff that isn't mine, but I trusted that the dude took care of his stuff and wasn't the type to own anything iffy. The ammo...that's an unforeseen but heck, I've got thousands of "unforeseens" myself.
    So I took the risk and shouldered up his firearm.

It was love at first shot. Accurate as hell and the recoil was like my 3 year old boy sitting atop my shoulders. I didnt expect a donkey kick from a 9mm rifle (I'm not THAT unknowledgeable) but the "bounce" it had was like nothing I've ever shot before.

I only shot 3 rounds, as I didnt want to eat his ammo, then thanked him and shook his hand. Then I cursed him for inadvertently angering my wife with another impending transaction.

Dangerous day at the range...had me considering trading away the Model 70 for a Sterling.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty neat little gun, at first I thought that he had handed you a real deal SMG and you only fired three rounds and was in awe of your self control :D.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LoL. No, sadly the selector didnt swing that way. If it did, all self control would've went right out the window.

I had to rapidly waste a mag in the WASR to satisfy the itch after putting the sterling down.
    Range master strolled by and asked if I was winning. LoL.

Saw one on GB for $579...but I'm saving my pennies for one from Wise Lite.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    FVNVTVK,

I don't remember if you ever did buy some 7.62x39 ammo from me, but if you did, you know where I live. I can't shoot at my backstop in the pasture since the adult goat are out there and using it for a hill until sometime this fall when the kids will be big enough to let the adults into their smaller area, but if you want to swing by someday, I'll let you shoot a Sterling Mk4 (L2A3) with the switch set on "A" into my gun test pit in the yard.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...And this is why the forum rocks so hard. Thanks Daezee.

I had plenty of full-auto fun during my time in the military, but it would be a treat to get a shoulder massage again.

Top Bottom