• Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    And... how about fining all these people hiring and working all these illegals. That alone would create tons of money and also run them off to other states. That law is totally ignored now.
    I still renewed mine tho. I imagine anyone will still be able to in future if they want. I like it because when pulled over they bypass alot of steps to check into you, and know you're a legit person, then let ya go nearly always. So it has its perks

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    And... how about fining all these people hiring and working all these illegals. That alone would create tons of money and also run them off to other states. That law is totally ignored now.
    I still renewed mine tho. I imagine anyone will still be able to in future if they want. I like it because when pulled over they bypass alot of steps to check into you, and know you're a legit person, then let ya go nearly always. So it has its perks
    I'm keeping mine too.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here's an idea, Serve all the 10's of thousands of arrest warrants that are stacked up....

Well there is always confiscated funds/vehicles ...if they have a viable well trained drug interdiction unit! Also many county Sheriff's Office get significant revenue for housing federal prisoners awaiting trial. There is a small rural county in GA that is on the I-95 corridor that gets an incredible amount of revenue from confiscated funds from the drug runners heading to South FL to pick up a load.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I do mine at the sherrifs department itself. Never seen or heard of a kiosk. One weird thing I noticed is they wouldn't allow me to do mine early last time. I had to wait till it expired. Which seemed weird

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    We had that here in bama till some sheriff gave permits to buddies and screwed the whole thing up. It was really nice, $$ and carry.
    I have always wondered about that. Last one I had didn't have the issue date, so it wasn't accepted for that, When I renewed it I made sure it was on there and tried again, only to find out it was no longer accepted for a replacement of the 4473.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've made the suggestion many times, I don't know who to tell that will listen. But it seems like a viable option for sheriff departments to start off offering a free basic safety course, from there, charge for a series of advanced classes, to include access to their training/practice facilities, selling/renting guns, ammo, merchandise, and host competitions. IDK, seems like the sky could be the limit. I, for one, would love it! My work schedule prohibits traveling to participate in advanced training. I'd gift sessions to family and friends. Think of the camaraderie that could be built with the public.
    I too will keep my permit up to date.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Being that the fines go directly to the state and the court system, that would still leave the sheriffs with zero dollars!
    That would definitely take out some of my family members!
    I'd be thrilled...

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh we do pay state income tax! But unlike FL, our property taxes will make you jealous.
    WAIT! I was JOKING! Are you saying that some states actually have a state income tax?!? I can't imagine...

See, I was born in Miami, so as far as I'm concerned, anything from Orlando north is Yankees anyway : )

Last edited:

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WAIT! I was JOKING! Are you saying that some states actually have a state income tax?!?

See, I was born in Miami, so as far as I'm concerned, anything from Orlando north is Yankees anyway : )
    I make a motion we kick him off the forum, cancel his Christmas, birthday, and get him fired from work. I won’t standby and be called the Y word! I need a second!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Florida it’s the Department of Agriculture that issues concealed carry permits. I renewed my permit online back in 2020 and it’s good until 2027.

Members online

Top Bottom