• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bill12321

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which county in West Florida panhandle has the most conservative, Constitutionally minded chief law enforcement officer? Reason for asking is looking for a second home in the reddest area down there, near the water but not on the beach.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Welcome to the board. Prior LEO here. My picks, in no order, would be Franklin, Wakulla, Gulf, Liberty, Washington, Santa Rosa. Unfortunately the Sheriff in Bay County is no longer Frank McKeithen and I am unfamiliar with the new Sheriff there.

bill12321

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Gunner. Pace looks like it's got plenty of water to play on. A Walmart (maybe good, maybe not so much), Lowes, etc. Internet says it's a Pensacola suburb. Might want to take a little side trip down that way sometime.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lol at suburb of Pcola. Escambia is the second most dangerous county in the state with Hillsborough level crime with only a quarter of the population. Meanwhile next door Santa Rosa has the best schools in the state. I’m a crime stat nerd though so maybe stats don’t tell the true story. I work in Escambia and every cop I speak to says it is way worse than the stats. Got pulled over awhile back. On my way to work I go through a rough area and a black and white (city) pulled me over for my window tint, which is legal and much lighter than the LEO vehicles. Young guy. His opening line was “Is there anything in the car that will get you in trouble? My response after laughing was “hopefully there is a Miranda warning in here since you lost yours”. He laughed and took my documents to run. When he came back we chatted for a good 10 minutes. His comparison of the two counties stuck with me. He said it was like the island of Hispaniola, with DR on one side and Haiti on the other.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Lol at suburb of Pcola. Escambia is the second most dangerous county in the state with Hillsborough level crime with only a quarter of the population. Meanwhile next door Santa Rosa has the best schools in the state. I’m a crime stat nerd though so maybe stats don’t tell the true story. I work in Escambia and every cop I speak to says it is way worse than the stats. Got pulled over awhile back. On my way to work I go through a rough area and a black and white (city) pulled me over for my window tint, which is legal and much lighter than the LEO vehicles. Young guy. His opening line was “Is there anything in the car that will get you in trouble? My response after laughing was “hopefully there is a Miranda warning in here since you lost yours”. He laughed and took my documents to run. When he came back we chatted for a good 10 minutes. His comparison of the two counties stuck with me. He said it was like the island of Hispaniola, with DR on one side and Haiti on the other.

Moved from escambia to Santa Rosa. I did not think Escambia was that bad (came from Louisiana and that makes Escambia look like a dream)

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't heard anything bad about Sheriff Ford in Bay County. They are trying to make Panama City a destination city, It's sure not the same sleepy town I grew up in. Lots of bays and bayous, even lakes in the north, there. It appears the developers are moving in as there is a lot of rebuilding after Hurricane Michael. The beaches are nice, getting over built, and, I avoid them. Good luck.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I must live in another Escambia Co FL. I don't see much difference in the Counties until getting close the state capital. But then I'm not a cop and I don't deal with the public.

I think a cop making a Terry stop on me and asked “Is there anything in the car that will get you in trouble?". Would have prompted me to answer "FU". I'm too jealous of my rights to put up with an abuse of power.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I must live in another Escambia Co FL. I don't see much difference in the Counties until getting close the state capital. But then I'm not a cop and I don't deal with the public.

I think a cop making a Terry stop on me and asked “Is there anything in the car that will get you in trouble?". Would have prompted me to answer "FU". I'm too jealous of my rights to put up with an abuse of power.

Interesting. It jumps out at me but my wife does tire of me pointing out drug houses, hookers, and meth-heads. If you look you'll notice a marked car or armed guard at a lot of ATMs in Escambia County and it is not coincidence. There seems to now be a semi- permanent LEO presence at recent drive by shooting locations also. Like the Burger King on Brent across from the car wash, down from the Race Way where I saw two homicide victims laying on the concrete on my way home from work one day, after I figured out why traffic could not move due to around 150 people on foot flocking to get a closer look. Not gone lie, I said a quick prayer as the mass swarmed around my car.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I haven't heard anything bad about Sheriff Ford in Bay County. They are trying to make Panama City a destination city, It's sure not the same sleepy town I grew up in. Lots of bays and bayous, even lakes in the north, there. It appears the developers are moving in as there is a lot of rebuilding after Hurricane Michael. The beaches are nice, getting over built, and, I avoid them. Good luck.

Panama City was a great place in the ‘60s and ‘70s.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Pics look amazing from the 50s also. We loved it when we lived there in 2009, and PSJ even more lol

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Santa Rosa and Escambia is riddled with crime and the info structure has been way surpassed by the growith. Look at Polk county it dont get any Redder than Grady Judd. Don’t come to Santa Rosa... we full and Escambia will get you killed by stray gunfire... look further south please.... thank you very much...

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    but, but, but, Pensacola is gonna have a "Gun Buy Back"!!!! for 50 bucks you can sell your handgun! lol can't wait to see how that turns out... I bet Pace, or Milton can't say that......

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Santa Rosa and Escambia is riddled with crime and the info structure has been way surpassed by the growith. Look at Polk county it dont get any Redder than Grady Judd. Don’t come to Santa Rosa... we full and Escambia will get you killed by stray gunfire... look further south please.... thank you very much...
    Basically Mullet Hunter is telling it like it is for Santa Rosa. In Santa Rosa, the developers are in league with the board of county commissioners have developed the county like gangbusters. No impact fees are being charged to keep the highways in pace with the building. The formerly excellent schools lack sufficient space for new students. Improper measures to deal with the flooding that the building is causing. We now have a rush hour. Crime is here, but then that is true of just any place.
    Taxes will have to up. The county is still conservative, but with increased building of new homes come liberals that do not like guns. Escambia County also has problems.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Channel 3 just reported a double shooting on Massachusetts and Montclair. One fatal. Sure glad they took the statue down, it could have been a double.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    but, but, but, Pensacola is gonna have a "Gun Buy Back"!!!! for 50 bucks you can sell your handgun! lol can't wait ti see how that turns out... I be Pace, or Milton can't say that......

As more liberals more into santa rosa, county attitudes towards guns may change. I live on 8 acres that gives me some privacy and space. There are two shooting ranges within a few miles of me where I live in Pace.

bill12321

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really appreciate all of the replies. Did not expect to generate that much participation from a noob question.
    Thanks again.

Top Bottom