• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If I had it to do all over again,I would NEVER move to Escambia or Santa Rosa counties.
    It would be a little further E and S for me. --- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Santa Rosa. I live here and think we have a really good group of deputies, and they all speak highly of the sheriff.
    Crime is everywhere, the sheriff is elected, and people are moving in all the time. Who knows what will happen in the future.
    Pick a good neighborhood and settle down. Santa Rosa has a large contingent of gun enthusiasts that would help a deputy in need. I consider the Gulf Breeze area the safest place around as far as I know. Thats just my opinion. Although we did have a group of crazy kids do a drive by in a golf cart throwing M-80's in the storm drain. But a neighbor captured them. Kids will be kids.
    Edit to say: I am looking for acreage to build on, but not because of crime. I just want to get out of neighborhoods and have a place to shoot whenever I want to.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Santa Rosa and Escambia is riddled with crime and the info structure has been way surpassed by the growith. Look at Polk county it dont get any Redder than Grady Judd. Don’t come to Santa Rosa... we full and Escambia will get you killed by stray gunfire... look further south please.... thank you very much...

haha - Escambia getting you killed by stray gunshots.

I moved here from Baton Rouge. Shootings are not even mentioned on the news unless there is a fatality (and those go on the entire news cast).

Escambia is not that bad compared to any big city. There are some wanna be thugs running around shooting at each other and every once in a while they get one. But the news still reports every shooting. (Maybe 4 a month).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I notice since hurricane Ivan in 2004 there has been a general change in the area relative to how many people behave. I am talking courtesy and general politeness.
    Also with the influx hispanics to do hurricane cleanup, along with the illegals people claim the Drug cartels became more evident.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ivan, sort of (in a strange way) shown a light on this area of the Northern Gulf Coast. Before that, it was a relativity unsought after area.... That storm, along with Katrina, changed the general dynamics of the whole northern gulf coast IMO....

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Santa Rosa county was on record as the fastest developing county in the nation after Ivan

bill12321

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After further consideration on the subject, it occurred to me that I might ought to be asking about the local judge and prosecutor. It seems the Soros crowd is buying them up throughout the country. Once he's made his purchase, the DA no longer has any need or concern for the citizenry.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After further consideration on the subject, it occurred to me that I might ought to be asking about the local judge and prosecutor. It seems the Soros crowd is buying them up throughout the country. Once he's made his purchase, the DA no longer has any need or concern for the citizenry.
    The local sheriffs are elected and not appointed. Any sheriff that took an anti second amendment would not be in office very long.
    DA
    All criminal cases are prosecuted in local courts by the State Attorneys or by a Statewide Prosecutor, appointed by the Attorney General. The AG represents the State of Florida when criminal cases are appealed to the District Courts of Appeal or to the Supreme Court.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Pace is a great place but severely congested. If you live in pace and work in pensacola the traffic is horrific. If it's a second home or you're retired just avoid rush hour and it's great. The father north you can go the better. Chumuckla will keep you out of town but still close enough to run to the store.

Rusty.Nickles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in SW Escambia, as in Almost Alabama, and it's pretty quiet here, Spot Crime reports usually have only a trespass or disturbance report or two, more in the summer at the Florabama line. I don't think I would want to live in the city. Lived in Navarre for a while and enjoyed it there.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will admit to being a little biased, as I have lived in Santa Rosa County since 1972 and been with the Santa Rosa Sheriffs Office since 1973. But I can tell you with absolute confidence, that Santa Rosa Sheriff Bob Johnson is an outspoken 2A supporter. Our County Commission has passed a resolution declaring SRC as a 2A Sanctuary. I agree that the Co. Commission is allowing development at an unhealthy rate, but the crime rate is still very low for a county of this size. Great place to live.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It all really depends on IF you are retired or working as to where to go. We are retired and use the commissary and Medical at Eglin and the VA, so Crestview was as far away as we were willing to go or I would be just across the line in Al.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Pace is a great place but severely congested. If you live in pace and work in pensacola the traffic is horrific. If it's a second home or you're retired just avoid rush hour and it's great. The father north you can go the better. Chumuckla will keep you out of town but still close enough to run to the store.

Chumuckla is pretty nice - for now. Development is steadily creeping out there. Give it 10 years and we'll see how many new shops are out there :)

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As someone who has grown up in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties I think most of the sentiments are true. It has certainly became a busy town since 2004(Ivan) and then the construction/ population boom due to Navy Federal.
    I think you'd be fine with either, as long as your not interested in hookers, blow, or the like, you're life will be generally quiet. There's more reports of car being broken into than most other serious crime. Look at areas based on the mean income and housing market. Decide accordingly, good luck and I hope you find a great place to settle.
    If I was retiring soon, I'd buy property north of Chumuckla or the Jay area and commute when neccessary.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Corporate Publix is very particular about the locations of their stores based on the demographics of the area. Those stores are paid for in full before they ever open their doors.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well pace does have some neighborhoods that are not so good. The older part of pace is Florida town where there is sort of a mix of everything and they have a plume coming off of an old air products landfill. The plume contains DNT used I think to make poly urethane and not for explosives in this case. There is a mobile home subdivision called legend creek not too far from me that is on Guernsey road. We have had in nearby woodbine plantation springs a raiding sortie of juveniles from pensacola robbing cars looking for guns. The punks robbed someone waiting on a uber ride and fired a shot at some one that was chasing them
    So there is sprinkling of some bad with the better off.

Top Bottom