• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    AND - - -> I see,NY,NJ,MI,CA,and some others are exploding. People want to work. The leaders do not want them to work. This will all come to a all out fight in the next couple weeks.
    I can see a class action lawsuit on the way for NY,Cuomo,DeBlasio. (Re. Nursing homes)
    The American people need to wake up,take a good look at the CV performance of their leaders . . both Dem and Rep. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump does not wear face mask at ford plant in Michigan.
    1590150039602.png

Trump toured a plant belonging to the Ford car company, in Ypsilanti, Michigan, which has been recast to produce ventilators and personal protective equipment to use in the coronavirus crisis.

Surrounded by Ford executives who were wearing masks, Trump told reporters he had put one on earlier, out of the view of cameras.

“I had one on before. I wore one in the back area. I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it,” Trump said.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    President Trump is better than that. He really knows how to piss off the media liberals.
    My kinda President.
    Open up everything at once. You wanna get a haircut,go to the gym,go out to eat. EFFIN GO !!! You want to stay at home. EFFIN STAY !!! Personal choice. We are all adults here.
    AND - - -> It is really sad to see LEO's enforcing laws that THEY KNOW are unconstitutional. Shame on them.
    Call in sick and let your PBA rescue you. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m more afraid of out of control politicians, than I am of coved-19 ! It appears that either one can and will kill you , if you don’t take precautions to prevent it.
    Eventually there will be at least one workable vaccine for the Covid19, but I do not foresee any vaccines for politicians.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Eventually there will be at least one workable vaccine for the Covid19, but I do not foresee any vaccines for politicians.

there is always the hot lead vaccine....tailor made for crooked tyrannical petty would be rulers who seek to make us subjects.....

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    People that "are really" concerned have got to vote. Throw these power hungry politicians out of office. Will be a wake up call for the ones that remain.
    Hard to believe that this "shut down" shit is really happening. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    People that "are really" concerned have got to vote. Throw these power hungry politicians out of office. Will be a wake up call for the ones that remain.
    Hard to believe that this "shut down" shit is really happening. --- SAWMAN
    I know..

if you had told me on jan 1 that over 35 million would be out of work and nyc shut down, I would have been rude and asked what type of mushrooms you were eating..

for the equal of the flu.....

I still don't know anyone in my circle of friends that have it, or that know anyone that has it..even my doctor does not know anyone...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump does not wear face mask at ford plant in Michigan.
    View attachment 84885
    Trump toured a plant belonging to the Ford car company, in Ypsilanti, Michigan, which has been recast to produce ventilators and personal protective equipment to use in the coronavirus crisis.

Surrounded by Ford executives who were wearing masks, Trump told reporters he had put one on earlier, out of the view of cameras.
    “I had one on before. I wore one in the back area. I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it,” Trump said.

FACTS:
    1. Masks up to and including the N95: have the primary purpose of "containing the release of contagions" by the USER.
    2. The N93 only filters out matter of .03 microns and larger and the WuFlu virus is SMALLER!
    3. The President is probably the most frequently (daily) Tested peron in the U.S.
    4. The Staff closest o th President are also screened daily and tested frequently.

Since Masks are to help contain Spread of WuFlu by the User, however, the Masks are not 100% effective ant the President is constantly tested and not infected/carrier: there is no justification that Trump not wearing a mask posed any WuFlu threat to anyone. Trump not wearing a mask is just another anti Trump media/political hit job.
    One more non-issue the Trump haters are feeding on!

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A little sobering perspective, we lost about 56,000 armed forces in the 10 years we were in Vietnam. We have lost over 93,000 men, women and children in 5 months from Covid-19. No telling what that number would have been without the stay at home and social distancing requirements that were put in place.

Covid-19 is a medical condition to be treated as such with recommendations for prevention and treatment made by medical professionals in the specialties affected. New discoveries about how and Covid-19 damages in the body are being discovered, lungs, heart, kidneys, circulatory system. It should not be tossed around like a polical football. We are fortunate that up until recently folks in our region have responded well to medical recommendations and we have not seen a large uptick in cases. Other areas not so fortunate - I have a good friend in Philly who just lost his younger sister to Covid which was heart breaking for him. To add to his loss his sister was the care giver to his mother and now he must take on that responsibility. My friend is in his 60s, still working for a defense contractor, has major health issues on his own. My point is Covid is serious and can have consequences beyond the individual infected.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Port of Seattle police officer Greg Anderson was hit with termination papers after his video where Anderon pleads with fellow officers not to violate people's constitutional rights went viral. The Special Forces veteran posted the video to speak to officers around the nation to remind them that no matter what local government orders there are limitations to their position that prevents them from violating American rights.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has he said the same for other new presidents? It does seem regardsless lately we are getting some new disease popping at least every 4 years and maybe such predictions are not so hard to make and be right.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FACTS:
    1. Masks up to and including the N95: have the primary purpose of "containing the release of contagions" by the USER.
    2. The N93 only filters out matter of .03 microns and larger and the WuFlu virus is SMALLER!
    3. The President is probably the most frequently (daily) Tested peron in the U.S.
    4. The Staff closest o th President are also screened daily and tested frequently.

Since Masks are to help contain Spread of WuFlu by the User, however, the Masks are not 100% effective ant the President is constantly tested and not infected/carrier: there is no justification that Trump not wearing a mask posed any WuFlu threat to anyone. Trump not wearing a mask is just another anti Trump media/political hit job.
    One more non-issue the Trump haters are feeding on!
    A N-95 will catch the droplets which are what contain the virus particles. True it could not be expected to stop a single virus.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, my father in law lost a fellow vietnam vet he served with on the Forestall. He died, his mother and father both died from it as well, within one week. Now his buddy was older and his parents were very old but before covid they were ok. So it is real and real people have died from it. Other countries have started getting waves 2,3 and 4. What? Not here? I wonder why?

I like listening to all the candyassed whining I've heard in the last 2 months. Ask a few of our "greatest generation" about ww2 and the super suck fest that rationing, ration cards and blackouts. This ain't shit. These modern crying corner non-binary sissys would hang themselves with their iPhone cords inside a week. There's my 2 "red" cents. Stay Safe.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A N-95 will catch the droplets which are what contain the virus particles. True it could not be expected to stop a single virus.

There's droplets (think wet mass) and then there's whats called "aerosolized" or bio-aresol airborn particulates (less than 1/100th of a millimeter) that can float in the air for three hours and move with air currents. These are smaller and are being called Micre Droplets. I don't like using the micro droplet term because people assume that since the virus is small, any droplet reference means the same thing: it dosen't! Link vid shows the difference between droplets and much smaller aerosolized micro droplets. An exposure can be hundreds of thousands of these micro droplets that the N95s can't protect against.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will continue to wear a N95 mask in public and No one in hospital settings will likely be throwing their masks away. I am not an expert relative to disease, but i do have retired status as a CSP, but not CIH. My response is general does not in anyway cover all details of N95 vs not catching covid 19.
    There's droplets (think wet mass) and then there's whats called "aerosolized" or bio-aresol airborn particulates (less than 1/100th of a millimeter) that can float in the air for three hours and move with air currents. These are smaller and are being called Micre Droplets. I don't like using the micro droplet term because people assume that since the virus is small, any droplet reference means the same thing: it dosen't! Link vid shows the difference between droplets and much smaller aerosolized micro droplets. An exposure can be hundreds of thousands of these micro droplets that the N95s can't protect against.

This is a highly infectious disease and people should not be pouncing on every little science report to scare the heck out of people
    First an N95 has the ability to filter efficiently 95 percent of particles of 0.3 microns
    or 0.0003 (3/10,000 mm). Of course the efficiency is less for 0.0001 size of particle and I can not say what the efficiency is for the smaller particles.

The link is not not addressing the presence or absence of an N95. That seems to be a conclusion that you have made on your own. They have not even shown that these tiny particles have an infectious role. But the possibility is there and remains to be tested.
    Way too much of the such alarmist thinking going on.
    microdroplets that are 1/10,000 of a millimeter in size—droplets that are invisible to the naked eye, and may contribute to the spread of COVID-19.
    There was no mention of
    "think wet mass) and then there's whats called "aerosolized" or bio-aresol airborn particulates (less than 1/100th of a millimeter) that can float in the air for three hours and move with air currents." (I did not read the comments)
    From your link.
    Each white dot is a microdroplet that can linger in the air between two people during a conversation in an enclosed space.
    One very important medical note: this does not “confirm” that COVID-19 can be transmitted in this way. It’s unclear how much virus you would need to be exposed to in order to be infected, and each of these tiny droplets would obviously contain far less than the “macro” droplets produced by a sneeze or a cough.

“We still don’t know how high a concentration of viable SARS-CoV-2 is needed in practice to infect a human being, though this is something we are looking to model in the future,” Dylan Morris, co-author of the New England Journal of Medicine study, told Live Science last month, emphasizing that the risk is greatest in a hospital setting.
    However, based on recent news, there is reason to believe they pose at least some risk to the general public as well (see Tweet by Morris below). And experiments like the above help to visualize this risk.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will continue to wear a N95 mask in public and No one in hospital settings will likely be throwing their masks away. I am not an expert relative to disease, but i do have retired status as a CSP, but not CIH. My response is general does not in anyway cover all details of N95 vs not catching covid 19.

This is a highly infectious disease and people should not be pouncing on every little science report to scare the heck out of people
    First an N95 has the ability to filter efficiently 95 percent of particles of 0.3 microns
    or 0.0003 (3/10,000 mm). Of course the efficiency is less for 0.0001 size of particle and I can not say what the efficiency is for the smaller particles.

The link is not not addressing the presence or absence of an N95. That seems to be a conclusion that you have made on your own. They have not even shown that these tiny particles have an infectious role. But the possibility is there and remains to be tested.
    Way too much of the such alarmist thinking going on.
    microdroplets that are 1/10,000 of a millimeter in size—droplets that are invisible to the naked eye, and may contribute to the spread of COVID-19.
    There was no mention of
    "think wet mass) and then there's whats called "aerosolized" or bio-aresol airborn particulates (less than 1/100th of a millimeter) that can float in the air for three hours and move with air currents." (I did not read the comments)

By all means do what ever preventative measures you feel work you.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, Period!
    I am highlighting information that concerned people should be aware of. In this case, it's about the difference between "droplets" (common understanding) and aerosolized or " Micro Droplets": they are not the same thing and people need to know the difference.

The video has nothing to do with masks or testing them. The vid is about the size volumn and travel of micro droplets. We know what a N95 can and can't do. Your statement "True it could not be expected to stop a single virus." down plays what can get through and around the edges of N95 and lesser masks and there can be hundreds of thousands of those "single virus" floating. You don't need a PHD to conclude small things can go through bigger holes or things "floating for hours" can also ride the flow of air through or around loose edges of masks. Professionals get fit tested. Some of the population wearing masks don't cover the nose while others are bad fit/seal and fog their glasses exhaling and clear the fog when inhaling: its all airflow that could carry the virus!

I only provide that one reference because of the video and Laser light clearly showing the REAL LIFE difference between droplets and micro droplets floating and spreading for up to three hours. Prior to this, there were only animated speculation of areosolize virus floating in and over store isles and circulating around aircraft passenger cabin.

The N95 is like a ballistic vest: if worn correctly, it's going to stop some stuff but not all stuff.

Did you watch the vid? Did you see the sneeze and the visible snot/droplets and germs fly out and the narration about it dropping? My "think wet mass" discription of droplet is accurate.

If I referenced China pushing injections of asian bear bile cure, you would have posted less. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom