• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    BREAKING: CONNECTICUT POLICE REFUSE TO ENFORCE NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS!
    March 10, 2014

A showdown is developing between a sizable number of Connecticut state police officers and the politicians who passed into law highly restrictive gun control, gun bans, and bans on high capacity magazines.

Gun rights legal expert and activist David Hardy reported Friday that 250 law enforcement officers in Connecticut have signed an open letter stating that they will not enforce the new anti-gun and magazine laws, which they consider to be a violation of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

A major news story on these developments is due to be published soon, but Hardy received an advanced notice via email from Tyler Jackson, the head of the Connecticut Peace Officers Association, the organization that sent the open letter.

According to Hardy,

“Tyler Jackson has emailed me an interesting story, soon to appear online (I’ll link to it once it does)– the gist is that the head of the Connecticut Peace Officers’ Assn has released an open letter stating that the police will not “be party to the oppression of the people of the state by enforcing an unconstitutional law.” So far 250 LEOs have cosigned the letter.”

Gunowners in the state have already ignored the mandate to comply with the new laws, refusing to register with the state government their possession of so-called “assault weapons” and forbidden magazines.

It is estimated that over 300,000 gunowners have practiced civil disobedience in refusing to register and give up the newly forbidden items. Only roughly 50,000 citizens in the state have complied.

But now these courageous citizens have key support in high places. With at least 250 law enforcement officers joining them in disobeying an unconstitutional law, the gunowners have a new weapon in their arsenal — the support of hundreds of police officers.

Hardy reported that with the lack of support of police, Connecticut faces massive civilian resistance, with police officers refusing to enforce a law that to most citizens crosses a line that is unacceptable in a free society.

If such a thing can happen in a deeply blue state in New England, what would law enforcement encounter if they attempted such an ill-fated attack on Constitutionally-protected rights in Texas, Wyoming, South Carolina, Utah, or Kentucky?

This is something that the political powers that be in government and law enforcement — and in the Courts — should think long and hard about before acting in such a knee-jerk fashion as Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and Massachusetts have done.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Awesome! Now if only the citizens of NY, DC, NJ, etc.... follow suit and tell the law makers to shove it.
    There is so much power when good citizens stand together shoulder to shoulder, especially when they are armed.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    AMEN...Now go arrest all who voted for an unconstitutional law!

M.O.A.

Master

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I talked to a man 2 days ago that said if a cop kicked his door in, he'd be cut in half.

Seanpcola

If those CT cops start breaking down doors I suspect it will be a lot of innocent civilians that get cut in half, not the cops.

Hopefully, if that starts happening average Joe voter will take notice of O's policies and the militarization of LE.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Possibly, let us pray that cooler heads will prevail amoung all of the cops. In the article that the fellow from Alabama (pinson?) he stated that with secretarys, and other support personel, the number of Conn. State Police were around 1200. If it's just 250 that are willing to stand with the Constitution, what about the rest?

Seanpcola

I imagine that there are some that don't want to announce their opinions one way or the other. I would say a good deal of CT cops will stick with whoever writes their paycheck. Probably others see no reason to advertise which way they'll go if they are given orders to knock down doors.

Garpo

Master
    I imagine that there are some that don't want to announce their opinions one way or the other. I would say a good deal of CT cops will stick with whoever writes their paycheck. Probably others see no reason to advertise which way they'll go if they are given orders to knock down doors.

This may be the case but if history is any indication of the future, all movements start out with a minority that oppose conventional thinking. Some succeed and others are eradicated. These actions may be repeated over and over again until all mankind is subjugated. But what the hell, I’m an optimist. :yo:

Seanpcola

I am too. I'd like to think that the average LEO would go with what they think is right, not what they're told to do. I know a few, not many, and I think they would do the right thing. Since I'm not LE and have no experience with that world I can only post an opinion.

Top Bottom