• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking at getting a set of Walker's for my wife. Will be mainly pistol firing so I'm not concerned of any damage to buttstocks. But on their site there are just a ton of things ranging from the $70s all the way to around $230. Wondering what to look for on this and what the big price differences are.

She has pretty sensitive ears so I want to get what's best but don't really want to go overkill here either.

skipperbrown

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got a pair of the excel a couple of months ago. They are the model with bluetooth (that I will probably never use unless I use them while mowing to stream music from my phone). I use them with earplugs. I like that I can hear better with them than without them with the frequency boosts. And a little voice tells you what mode you are in. I like them. The downside is that they are a little tight and a little bulky. Some folks complain they have trouble with their cheek weld when shooting a rifle but they don't bother me.

BLKRinnyrdr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought my son a pair of the Walkers, original game ears, years ago. Nothing fancy, were $50 at the time. They are pretty impressive, deaden at just the right time, not to tight for him, at 16 and small to medium build, I bet your wife will fit them well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I bought those for my wife's bday. After she experienced my electronic shooting earmuffs. She has NOT shot with hers, so I couldn't tell how they good they do or don't work. I wasn't going to spend the walker kind of money if she complained that they're too tight and not use them till I knew she was content with the way they fit. My electronic "ears" are freaking awesome, and no they aren't walkers either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-162613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      Screenshot_20210220-162613_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      586.3 KB · Views: 126

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The decibel (db) reduction rating is the comparable factor. If your looking at just one mfrs products, they will probably Rate all of them the same way. Comparing multiple mfrs is a problem because of the different testing standards/methods used. She can always add a pair of plugs under the ear cups if needed. Remember, at a public range; you may only be shooting .22Shorts but if the person in the next lane pulls out heavy artillery: make sure you ALL have a second level of hearing protection you can add.

They might have a Set with the head piece that goes behind the head or neck instead of over the top of the head. You'll get extra credit for not screwing up her hair, I like the same type because its compatable with all headgear: Helmets, Cowboy, Derby, Ball or Bison horns. Peltor is my brand.

Top Bottom