• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Have a friend who is thinking about selling his 1972 colt diamondback 22 lr gun looks great and has cool holster looking for ideas on price see them on online sites for $ 2,500 anyone have an idea thanks.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Condition is everything. Also having the original box helps a lot. snub barrel and nickel finish add value too. Gonna need more info to figure a price. Selling on Gunbroker would probably bring the most money.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I agree with Harry. Diamondbacks have attained collectible status and the original box, papers, etc. add a lot. That is, IF they are nice. If it's a shooter, they are nice to have but don't add as much.
    Pay attention to the ones that have sold on Gunbroker, not what somebody is asking. I think a lot of people are just throwing a number out there, hoping to ride the Python's coattails to a high price.
    I saw a nice 6" Diamondback in .22 with the box at the gunshow and the price was $2,000 but it was still sitting there.
    Gunbroker would probably bring more than listing locally.
    Are you thinking about buying it from him ?
    When I bought my S&W 17 in 1975 from C&G Sporting Goods in Panama City there was a Diamondback .22 right next to it in the case for the same price - $145.

Top Bottom