• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brassman57

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just started back reloading after a long hiatus. Have been reloading for over 37 years and can't remember seeing 380 90 gr HP beingso cocked after seating, Using Dillon dies and Lyman turret press. Brass is S&B as I'm giving this to a friend and don't want the brass back. But is clean, inspected de-primed and sized. I'm kind a anal about my reloads and these won't fly. Any thoughts out there?

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you tried tearing the die down? Checking for foreign objecrs? Could be some debris got where it shouldn't have.
    I once had a 22 shell that was inside a 9mm just right. When I punched the primer out, the decapper pierced the 22 shell, pretty much dead center. I hadn't realized when it happened, but I was resizing with the 22lr shell into the 9mm cases as I continued to decap them.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Brassman57

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have you tried tearing the die down? Checking for foreign objecrs? Could be some debris got where it shouldn't have.
    I once had a 22 shell that was inside a 9mm just right. When I punched the primer out, the decapper pierced the 22 shell, pretty much dead center. I hadn't realized when it happened, but I was resizing with the 22lr shell into the 9mm cases as I continued to decap them.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk
    Checked dies, all good. going to try setting up on 650 Dillon. The Lyman press has been used and abused, links look a little loose?? Thanks for your thoughts.

Top Bottom