• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read a compelling article about the fact that there isn't enough raw materials in the earth to replace the current inventory of gas vehicles with electric ones. When I went to fact check that, the headline said the claim was false, but in reading the article, they had to go through a lot of mental gymnastics to reach that conclusion. There was no mention of the burden the attempt to shift all small engine applications to battery powered ones would put on the idea.

Electric tools and cars are a luxury of the upper class in the first world. I hear there are more affordable cars coming out of China that have been blocked from being sold here, but other than they exist I have no further information.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    john podesta, idiot democrat, taking over for idiot john kerry

President Biden is naming senior adviser John D. Podesta to replace outgoing John F. Kerry as the top climate diplomat.

Kerry is set to step down from the role this spring.

"John Podesta has been a longtime climate ally and advocate. He knows the issue, and he’s worked with NGOs and Administrations over a long period of time," Kerry wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so, using 2 gallons of gas left as equal to 2 bars left on an EV, just how much does it cost to come to full charge, and the time it takes to charge to that level..

anyone know?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was in Chicago last month (Jan 15-25, 2024) when the avg. temperature was -20*f. I drove our family assault vehicle there to work on my parents house which we are fixing up to sell. It was crazy cold there. I got up every day and had to warm up our 2014 Honda Odyssey for around 20 minutes for it to be ready if it was to be used. I only saw on Tesla on the road on the north side of the city. Superchargers were DOWN so no one could charge thier vehicles on fast charge. Only exception was anyone who had a 220v charger in their warmed up garage.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so, using 2 gallons of gas left as equal to 2 bars left on an EV, just how much does it cost to come to full charge, and the time it takes to charge to that level..

anyone know?
    Sideways answer here, but one of the car magazines did a test and concluded that an EV will add three hours to an eight hour trip due to stopping for charging. I believe they went from somewhere in Florida to somewhere in North Carolina so cold wasn’t a factor.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Doing my part. Electric chain saw. Actually works pretty good. Went thru 4 charges today. About 30 mins to recharge. About an hour run time trimming limbs. Then used evil diesel tractor to pile it up, lol.
    20240212_174125.jpg

Top Bottom