DK Firearms

Classifieds - New Online Payment Guidelines/Rules (Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, etc)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New Online Payment Guidelines/Rules (Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, etc)

PayPal states, Venmo is the same: "ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law", these items are not covered under their fraud protection. Also, any time you send money to friends/family via PayPal, it is also NEVER covered under their fraud protection.
    • I recommend you have me verify any transaction online by verifying a user account for a hack if you suspect any issues. If the seller is good, they can wait. It is never a bother to help out anyone on this site.
    • Just because the member seems valid and has been on the site for years, it doesn't mean that someone has not hacked their account.
    • Most scams are done by listing items like high-quality ammo or optics and selling them cheap, they want to get online and sell fast and leave.
    • If you send money online for a classified ad on this site do so at your own risk. This site is not responsible for scams. We have in place many steps to make sure we have clean classifieds. However, hacks can happen so be wise. Use Check or Money order!
    • If you do choose to send money online we recommend a few things first. Ask a mod or admin (myself) to check the account for hacks.
    • Ask for a phone number to call the member or text them. Verify the member is who they say they are! Do not only trust what you see in the photos. That number should be local. Keep in mind, this is a community first, good members will jump through hoops to make a transaction smooth. we still recommend using check/money order.
    • If a deal is too go to be true, then it is. Ask us to check the ad, report it, we are happy to verify all ads for anyone.
    • If you do send money, feel you are scammed, please tell us ASAP.
    • Never fall for the I will refund your payment via PayPal (example) and then they say please send it using another method. This is to get more money from you.
    Keep a close eye on all ads on this site!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom