• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andronicus54

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So your first post asking for values was posted in the for sale section of the classifieds. Thats not a discussion area but a for sale section. The general gun talk section (where your thread was moved to) is the correct spot for discussion about values. Private messages should be used as often as possible to keep your thread from being bumped to the top of the section where posted. Many members have a huge amount of knowledge and are happy to help. Best way is to ask for messages from them and go from there. You're doing a great thing helping the widow and even though I don't know her or her late husband, I thank you for that.
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll fall into compliance and get the help I need. I'm thankful for this forum!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll fall into compliance and get the help I need. I'm thankful for this forum!
    Its not about "compliance", its simple rules to keep posts on track and promote politeness and civility amongst members. Theres only a handful of rules and they are easily followed.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Rule #7 is rarely followed
    We do our best to delete those comments. I haven’t given anyone a break from the forum over it yet- most people are pretty understanding. :)

Andronicus54

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a question about how to handle the sale of a large group of guns (74) that I am handling for the widow of a friend who was retired LEO. I have a PDF with pictures and brief description of all the guns. I have already invested about 50 hours in this project, so I'm hoping to avoid having to list a BUNCH of guns separately on the FOR SALE forum. Can I attach the whole list/doc to the add via the "attach files" button below? If not, could I just ask who is interested in receiving the list and then just email it to them as an attachment? That would save me an incredible amount of work.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a question about how to handle the sale of a large group of guns (74) that I am handling for the widow of a friend who was retired LEO. I have a PDF with pictures and brief description of all the guns. I have already invested about 50 hours in this project, so I'm hoping to avoid having to list a BUNCH of guns separately on the FOR SALE forum. Can I attach the whole list/doc to the add via the "attach files" button below? If not, could I just ask who is interested in receiving the list and then just email it to them as an attachment? That would save me an incredible amount of work.

There isn’t a limit on the number of items for sale. If you made the PDF with digital photos of each of the 74 guns, then you should have everything you need to be in compliance with the rules. It will take at least 8 “posts” from you in that sale thread, since each post is individually limited to 10 attachments/photos.

I suggest “copy-n-paste” from the PDF to the sale thread, as much as possible.

I’m not sure if you can attach/upload a PDF document to be hosted by the forum like you can pictures. Heck, even certain picture formats are not allowed, depending on the source.

And for what it’s worth, whenever someone puts a link to a “google-docs” item, or some other ”shared-drive” document, personally, I won’t bother clicking on it.

I will take some effort to upload all of the photos, very true assessment on your part, but if you are seriously looking for a buyer for a firearm, it’s going to take some effort. Just think of the work you’ve already done, and remember that widow and friend you’re helping.

Thanks, in advance, for trying to help them both.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    @TexKev on the photo format issues

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, he can add a PDF as it stands now, any issues let me know. I may need to increase the size allowed but try it first before I do.

Andronicus54

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There isn’t a limit on the number of items for sale. If you made the PDF with digital photos of each of the 74 guns, then you should have everything you need to be in compliance with the rules. It will take at least 8 “posts” from you in that sale thread, since each post is individually limited to 10 attachments/photos.

I suggest “copy-n-paste” from the PDF to the sale thread, as much as possible.

I’m not sure if you can attach/upload a PDF document to be hosted by the forum like you can pictures. Heck, even certain picture formats are not allowed, depending on the source.

And for what it’s worth, whenever someone puts a link to a “google-docs” item, or some other ”shared-drive” document, personally, I won’t bother clicking on it.

I will take some effort to upload all of the photos, very true assessment on your part, but if you are seriously looking for a buyer for a firearm, it’s going to take some effort. Just think of the work you’ve already done, and remember that widow and friend you’re helping.

Thanks, in advance, for trying to help them both.
    Thanks for the reply and info. Since I have mots of pictures of each firearm (as many as 12 pics of the 1873 Winchester) I think I will send the PDF as an email attachment to those who request it. Hopefully that will whittle down the list to something more manageable. Then I can do the work of posting the ones left on the forum. Thanks again.

Reactions: FLT

gunsmokeforever

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good morning, I'm new to the site it looks just what I'm looking for a local forum and the ability to sale and trade firearms. Do I make my post on the sales right here or is there a particular section help the new guy out. also simper fi and celebrating veterans' day.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    This is the rules section bud. We have a firearms for sale section in the classified area.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom