• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SJB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought an old, like very old rifle, which is rare, but not necessarily valuable. It's a Triplett and Scott Kentucky carbine from the civil war. It has some pitting, missing a barrel band, and has some wood chunks gone off the stock, just from what I can see. Would it be worth it to restore it, even though I will never be able to find ammo (50 rim) to even shoot the thing. Or would it be best to just leave it as a wall hanger? If I should restore it is there any recommendations for getting parts for hard to find rifles, as google hasn't yielded any results for the parts I would need.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    S&S has a fair amount of parts..

Never say never on shooting it.. There are ways. Look at the all the kits to make 32 rimfire pistols to shot. So
    anything is doable

Per getting more parts, nothing wrong with buying another beater and stripping off the parts you need.

And most of all post a couple photos please :) Those are cool guns.. One of the neater aspects of the Civil war is all the small run rifle designs to shoot multiple shots, from the Lindsay to the Peabody. All had promising hopes but fell shot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom