• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAGDump91

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Alright I know this thread might pull a lot of interest so let’s give it a go shall we.

What are your choices for a good mid day or after dinner smoke?
    What’s some good Whiskey or Bourbon options to pair up?

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Been awhile since I smoked cigars but I always enjoyed a Perdomo Rubusto. I preferred scotch to bourbons. Call me a heretic but too many bourbon and Cokes at UGA football games in my youth spoiled the flavor for me. For those of like mind, The Balvenie and Glen Morangie compliment a fine smoke.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cuban Upmann Robusto or Torpedo with a Bailey's & Coffee in the afternoon. After a heavy Dinner of red meat, Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Toro and a Porto. There are other combos, but for now feast your eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_070659730.jpg
      IMG_20221207_070659730.jpg
      241.5 KB · Views: 60
    Last edited:

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Phillies Titans are my daily driver.
    Pairs well with PBR, or water, and they are $1 each.

I used to love Hav-a-Tampa Perfectos. They are no longer anywhere on the shelf since closing.

Whiskey is Tulamore Dew.

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Been awhile since I smoked cigars but I always enjoyed a Perdomo Rubusto. I preferred scotch to bourbons. Call me a heretic but too many bourbon and Cokes at UGA football games in my youth spoiled the flavor for me. For those of like mind, The Balvenie and Glen Morangie compliment a fine smoke.
    A man after my own heart!! The Robusto with a double of 12 year Morangie!!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gaelic sausage & Guinness or Glenmorangie possibly both with a 5 Vegas A Robusto. Heavy Lamb Dinner & a Cuban Cohiba Aniversario with Courvoisier V-S-O-P. Is the photo thing Okay?

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_073613655.jpg
      IMG_20221207_073613655.jpg
      304.4 KB · Views: 53
    Last edited:

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    I quit smoking cigars a few years ago.. I think I still have a pappy left and maybe a judge.. but I won’t smoke em.. probably lol..
    The 10 year glen is a frequent option, and Angels Envy but I have been trying some different quality rum lately.. thanks to a friend :) I gotta say I’m liking the flavors and tones in these good rums..

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I quit smoking cigars a few years ago.. I think I still have a pappy left and maybe a judge.. but I won’t smoke em.. probably lol..
    The 10 year glen is a frequent option, and Angels Envy but I have been trying some different quality rum lately.. thanks to a friend :) I gotta say I’m liking the flavors and tones in these good rums..
    Have you tried Zaya?

Good stuff with or without a smoke.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jim Beam & Gurka Expedition Robusto in the afternoon with a steak sandwich. Proper # 12 & Partagas 1845 Crystal Toro after an Irish inspired Dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_182040922.jpg
      IMG_20221207_182040922.jpg
      282.7 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Basil Haden & Rocky Patel Indian Tabac Limited Robusto in the afternoon with beef. Goslings Black Seal & Man O War Ruination Torpedo after some broiled snapper. You might note that I prefer cedar wrapped cigars with Bourbon.

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_182541836.jpg
      IMG_20221207_182541836.jpg
      170.8 KB · Views: 48
    Last edited:

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    No cigars for me but can sip a good Blanton’s or Avion extra anjejo tequila just about anytime!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No cigars for me but can sip a good Blanton’s or Avion extra anjejo tequila just about anytime!
    The cigars are all about combos with food & drink. Example: White Russian as an aperitif, Kendall Jackson Chardonnay with a Seafood entree, a Rocky Patel The Edge Candela Toro & Sapphire Gin + Tonic to let the meal digest. It can turn folks GREEN with envy. (Hope Y'all get the pun.). https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/rocky-patel-the-edge-candela-cigars/2005224/

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Montecristo No 2 and any good 100+ proof bourbon.

A CoRo or Sigi VI with a gin and tonic (or 4) or a real daiquiri or tequila, soda, and lime.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Montecristo No 2 and any good 100+ proof bourbon.

A CoRo or Sigi VI with a gin and tonic (or 4) or a real daiquiri or tequila, soda, and lime.
    I hear you, but I prefer the Cuban Monte Cristo #1 or the White Label. With Booker Knoll or most 10 year old Single Barrel Bourbons. But like a Single Malt one cube is enough. But since visiting the St Aug Distillery, which happens to be an old ice plant. I've taken a shine to designer ice cubes. One of those big round ones in a rocks glass with a Florida Double Cask Bourbon ain't to bad. JMHO.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I hear you, but I prefer the Cuban Monte Cristo #1 or the White Label. With Booker Knoll or most 10 year old Single Barrel Bourbons. But like a Single Malt one cube is enough. But since visiting the St Aug Distillery, which happens to be an old ice plant. I've taken a shine to designer ice cubes. One of those big round ones in a rocks glass with a Florida Double Cask Bourbon ain't to bad. JMHO.
    I like good bourbon neat. I have not found anything that I like better than the real Monte Cristo #2 for the price. Great size, shape, and flavor.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cohiba puro dominicans Toro and Jefferson ocean aged at sea.
    What food and with what beverage? So now comes the tales from the ash tray. On the day that the First Gulf War ended, the other Watch Officer and I meet at the Wadi for the first time during the course of that War. He announced the PEACE and poured me a waterglass full of Chevis and we fired up his Top Shelf Dominican Cigars. As this was the end of his first War he asked if this was a proper conclusion. I stated it was a bit weak, and he boldly told me that the Scotch was neat. So I drug out the Single Malt Glen Morangie and Cuban Upmann Corona Major and we began again. At the end He agreed that his premium selections tasted a bit weak. I didn't make the end of his next War. But I'll bet that whoever he shared it with if he was so fortunate got a little of my OJT. LOL.

Top Bottom