• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    So went the 2inch harbor freight chop saw route for cutting 5.56 to 300 blackout. Well either I managed to wear out my blade or it's just acting up. But now how in the he** to replace the factory mounted blade. Every instruction thing I've seen shows turn certain screw. Well turn that screw and the blade and the belt all turn. So before I go full ham fist someone tell me if I'm missing something.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah I think that's where cheap ones come in handy. Especially when cutting metal, doubly true if you're using a steel toothed steel cutting blade rather than a fiber blade. Sometimes it's pays to have a low quality cheap-o for those missions. Then cut wood only with your better saws. At least that's how I always did things

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Look for a button near the center of the spinning portion of the blade. It's called a shaft lock. Press it in and it will stop its spinning
    I can picture what your talking about with a normal saw. And not seeing anything remotely like that here

Attachments

• 16637993813582386212161836987207.jpg
      16637993813582386212161836987207.jpg
      309.5 KB · Views: 66

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I can picture what your talking about with a normal saw. And not seeing anything remotely like that here
    Oh wow. I thought it was a miter style saw lol. Sorry. Even that should have a shaft lock. Send me the make and model info exactly and I'll see what I can find out. You may be able to snap a set of vice grips to the blade, then put a wrench on the arbor bolt. I just don't see the arbor bolt tho lol. Is there an arbor on the back of blade with places for a flat wrench to grab on?

Top Bottom