• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ammo has a very long shelf life, gas and food do not. It could then be argued that it’s your own fault that you are not stocked up since guns and ammunition has been dirt cheap the last few years.

if anyone that is well over the age of 21 did not have a gun (s) until very recently, and are now scratching around for a supply of ammo, sorry , but i have NO sympathy for them....

conservative gun owners have been sounding the alarm for years now, that the goal of the liberals is to dis-arm the citizenry.

no excuse not to have guns, and ammo in plentiful supply

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A year ago,the smart man would have made the decission - ->
    A. Do I buy ammo in bulk
    B. Do I tool up to reload and buy my components in bulk.
    C. Do I change my hobby to bowling.
    Those should have been your only three choices. --- SAWMAN

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A year ago,the smart man would have made the decission - ->
    A. Do I buy ammo in bulk
    B. Do I tool up to reload and buy my components in bulk.
    C. Do I change my hobby to bowling.
    Those should have been your only three choices. --- SAWMAN

Bowling! I can throw a 20 lbs ball 100 yards! That 3a body armor is no match.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Gouging is what crybabies call it when you have it and they don't have it and you are selling it at current market prices and they want to buy it at five year ago prices. Well tough BS, it you wanted it at five year ago prices you should have bought it five years ago. No sympathy from me. There is no such thing as gouging when it comes to ammo. The market will bear what the market will bear. Gold today is selling for $1871.00 per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them at $300.00 per ounce what it was selling for several years ago. LOL, LOL. Less than a year ago silver was selling for $14.00 per ounce. I figured that that was as low as it was going to go and I bought some. Today it's selling for $24.00+ per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them for $14.00 per ounce, otherwise I'm "price gouging." Really? The market sets the price. Pay it or not. Just don't go crying "gouging." There's no such thing.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you notice . . , we still have not heard how it is controlled "on other forums". (Post #12 above) ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    During Declared Emergencies, Laws often include restrictions on price gouging and Hotlines to report such activities. So its more than simple supply/demand its maximizing profit during high demand periods.

Back to the subject title, CtD set bar pretty hard with their $99 AR mag but there is more price gouging shenanigans then a straight price increase.
    How about canceling existing orders made while Items were In Stock giving the reason as "Out of stock", then Listing the Item In Stock at an inflated Price!
    I opted out from their flyers/email long long ago. Link article sums up CtD:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gouging is what crybabies call it when you have it and they don't have it and you are selling it at current market prices and they want to buy it at five year ago prices. Well tough BS, it you wanted it at five year ago prices you should have bought it five years ago. No sympathy from me. There is no such thing as gouging when it comes to ammo. The market will bear what the market will bear. Gold today is selling for $1871.00 per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them at $300.00 per ounce what it was selling for several years ago. LOL, LOL. Less than a year ago silver was selling for $14.00 per ounce. I figured that that was as low as it was going to go and I bought some. Today it's selling for $24.00+ per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them for $14.00 per ounce, otherwise I'm "price gouging." Really? The market sets the price. Pay it or not. Just don't go crying "gouging." There's no such thing.

where i come from, it's called you snooze, you lose....

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check ammoseek if you want to cry. Lots of NONE AVAILABLE and look at 380acp I'm glad I don't need any of that stuff, It would be cheaper to just let the crooks rob you.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In your opinion, at what point does it become gouging as opposed to just making a healthy profit? Is there a certain dollar amount or percentage?
    So, is a seller on here supposed to sell their 5.56 at 30 cents per round even though it will cost him 75 cents per round if he wants to replace it? I paid less than 30 cents per round for all of mine last year, some as cheap as 22 cents per round. But this is this year and that’s no longer the going price.
    What would happen if “gouging” was not allowed here is that no ammunition would be for sale on here.
    I posted a box of 45 Colt I found in my closet. I sold the gun last year and forgot I had it.
    I googled it and on-line vendors had it for $24.95 - $34.95 but it was all out of stock.
    I looked at GB and most was going for $45 all the way up to $70 and everywhere in between so I priced it at $40. Am I gouging?
    At least it’s available. I don’t need it at this moment but I might find a deal on a Win 94 and need it so I don’t care if it sells or not.
    I sure don’t care to sell at last year’s price.
    Somebody might need some and be glad to get it for under on-line prices.
    So, the term gouging is very open to interpretation.
    Very much open to the individual and market conditions. Everybody needs to make something on a transaction. Or, why sell? That's why it's for sale and not charity.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get it when it comes to certain items. Supply and demand. If you didn't buy it when it was cheap then shame on you. But does it just end at ammo? What if all the local gas station owners got together and decided they wanted to start charging $5.00 a gallon of gas? Is that gouging or free commerce? I'm from this area and remember particular gas stations jacking up their prices before a hurricane hit. So now we have laws against "price gouging". I'm not looking to start arguments or hurt anyone's feelings. Just thought it was an interesting discussion to have.
    This could be some examples. About 6 weeks ago palmetto state had approx 50 ar15's for sale at around $550. I only have one. So, I don't follow them and didn't recognize the brand. Maybe what some on here call a kit gun. Within a week they were showing up on gunbroker from different sellers for 750 to 1k. Now, that's putting it where it hurts.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no doubt there are people willing to pay 2 dollars a round
    But it is most certainly gouging
    This same box is at academy for 95 dollars
    They have the right to ask whatever they want to it’s there product
    But at the same time I will still point out that it is fact gouging

Attachments

• 8242BBEA-2982-423A-A2EF-4267CFEEC429.png
      8242BBEA-2982-423A-A2EF-4267CFEEC429.png
      180.6 KB · Views: 9

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's rumbling about another attempt at raising Fed firearms and ammo taxes. If it happens, it will just be passed to the consumer. The folks selling their private stock at "Market Value" now, may get the shaft when:
    a. Prices don't drop in the coming years.
    b. When a "new Tax" gets applied on top of Market Value when they want replacements for "sold Stock". The consumer can't pass that on and must suck it up or do without.
    c. What's bidens financial inflation impact on the dollar going to leave for buying power: Bang for the Buck?

Last edited:

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no doubt there are people willing to pay 2 dollars a round
    But it is most certainly gouging
    This same box is at academy for 95 dollars
    They have the right to ask whatever they want to it’s there product
    But at the same time I will still point out that it is fact gouging
    Some one was advertising 500 rounds of 9mm at 46 cents a round on GB today. Didn't last long!!

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Here you go boomers, the fair recognized definition of price gouging. Fits the ammo price profile to me....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-223231_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201125-223231_Chrome.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 16

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    that assumes you know what they had to pay for it to sell it to you...just because you "feel" like it is high is irrelevant. Fair market economy allows you to buy low and sell high...Merica

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    LOVE IT - - -> "too high a price". Someone please define for me - -> "too high".
    And the above link is a "see,I told you so" reason. UH HUH,OK !! --- SAWMAN th.jpeg

Top Bottom