Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Cheaper than dirt’s gouging game is strong lol

Jdcujo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Richard, no hurt feelings here. It’s good to have a civil discussion.
I guess the difference between ammo and your gasoline example is that ammo is not a necessity while gasoline is. The gouging laws only apply to necessities.
Plus there are retail outlets such as Academy that are still posting reasonable prices when they can get the product.
I guess the price on my 45 Colt ammo was acceptable to at least one person because I’m meeting up with him this afternoon. Some people realize they better grab it when they see it because who knows what’s coming?
The idea of ammo as not a necessity then kinda brings into question the 2nd as right vs privilege. Without ammo the 2nd becomes moot.

Welldoya

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
The idea of ammo as not a necessity then kinda brings into question the 2nd as right vs privilege. Without ammo the 2nd becomes moot.
Ammo has a very long shelf life, gas and food do not. It could then be argued that it’s your own fault that you are not stocked up since guns and ammunition has been dirt cheap the last few years.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Ammo has a very long shelf life, gas and food do not. It could then be argued that it’s your own fault that you are not stocked up since guns and ammunition has been dirt cheap the last few years.

if anyone that is well over the age of 21 did not have a gun (s) until very recently, and are now scratching around for a supply of ammo, sorry , but i have NO sympathy for them....

conservative gun owners have been sounding the alarm for years now, that the goal of the liberals is to dis-arm the citizenry.

no excuse not to have guns, and ammo in plentiful supply

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
A year ago,the smart man would have made the decission - ->
A. Do I buy ammo in bulk
B. Do I tool up to reload and buy my components in bulk.
C. Do I change my hobby to bowling.
Those should have been your only three choices. --- SAWMAN

Duckyou

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
A year ago,the smart man would have made the decission - ->
A. Do I buy ammo in bulk
B. Do I tool up to reload and buy my components in bulk.
C. Do I change my hobby to bowling.
Those should have been your only three choices. --- SAWMAN
Bowling! I can throw a 20 lbs ball 100 yards! That 3a body armor is no match.

Fanner50

GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Gouging is what crybabies call it when you have it and they don't have it and you are selling it at current market prices and they want to buy it at five year ago prices. Well tough BS, it you wanted it at five year ago prices you should have bought it five years ago. No sympathy from me. There is no such thing as gouging when it comes to ammo. The market will bear what the market will bear. Gold today is selling for $1871.00 per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them at $300.00 per ounce what it was selling for several years ago. LOL, LOL. Less than a year ago silver was selling for $14.00 per ounce. I figured that that was as low as it was going to go and I bought some. Today it's selling for $24.00+ per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them for $14.00 per ounce, otherwise I'm "price gouging." Really? The market sets the price. Pay it or not. Just don't go crying "gouging." There's no such thing.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
If you notice . . , we still have not heard how it is controlled "on other forums". (Post #12 above) ---- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
During Declared Emergencies, Laws often include restrictions on price gouging and Hotlines to report such activities. So its more than simple supply/demand its maximizing profit during high demand periods.

Back to the subject title, CtD set bar pretty hard with their $99 AR mag but there is more price gouging shenanigans then a straight price increase.
How about canceling existing orders made while Items were In Stock giving the reason as "Out of stock", then Listing the Item In Stock at an inflated Price!
I opted out from their flyers/email long long ago. Link article sums up CtD:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Gouging is what crybabies call it when you have it and they don't have it and you are selling it at current market prices and they want to buy it at five year ago prices. Well tough BS, it you wanted it at five year ago prices you should have bought it five years ago. No sympathy from me. There is no such thing as gouging when it comes to ammo. The market will bear what the market will bear. Gold today is selling for $1871.00 per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them at $300.00 per ounce what it was selling for several years ago. LOL, LOL. Less than a year ago silver was selling for $14.00 per ounce. I figured that that was as low as it was going to go and I bought some. Today it's selling for $24.00+ per ounce. I guess the crybabies want me to sell it to them for $14.00 per ounce, otherwise I'm "price gouging." Really? The market sets the price. Pay it or not. Just don't go crying "gouging." There's no such thing.

where i come from, it's called you snooze, you lose....

TraderDan

It may be true, depending who you ask ?
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Check ammoseek if you want to cry. Lots of NONE AVAILABLE and look at 380acp I'm glad I don't need any of that stuff, It would be cheaper to just let the crooks rob you.

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom