• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Quit them before obummers "re-election"... along with optics planet and cdnn.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I've always found great deals at cdnn
    Not saying they don't have deals but they were charging $60 for pmags before obummers re-election and after Sandy Hook, $100 per pmag. I just choose to spend my monies elsewhere.

turbo98

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also don't buy from them, but that's capitalism. The market is demanding more, so you sell for more. Some people are willing to pay that, so they sell it for max profit. I ain't mad at them.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My husband says: "They went on a gougeathon"

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    On other forums where they do not allow it,how is it controlled ?? How is the "gouging" standard set ?? Who sets it ?? What is the penelty for "gouging" ??
    Define "gouging" as used in these " other forums". --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It's price gouging in my opinion whether people buy it or not. I'm surprised it's allowed on this forum. Ive been a member of other forums where it's not allowed.

In your opinion, at what point does it become gouging as opposed to just making a healthy profit? Is there a certain dollar amount or percentage?
    So, is a seller on here supposed to sell their 5.56 at 30 cents per round even though it will cost him 75 cents per round if he wants to replace it? I paid less than 30 cents per round for all of mine last year, some as cheap as 22 cents per round. But this is this year and that’s no longer the going price.
    What would happen if “gouging” was not allowed here is that no ammunition would be for sale on here.
    I posted a box of 45 Colt I found in my closet. I sold the gun last year and forgot I had it.
    I googled it and on-line vendors had it for $24.95 - $34.95 but it was all out of stock.
    I looked at GB and most was going for $45 all the way up to $70 and everywhere in between so I priced it at $40. Am I gouging?
    At least it’s available. I don’t need it at this moment but I might find a deal on a Win 94 and need it so I don’t care if it sells or not.
    I sure don’t care to sell at last year’s price.
    Somebody might need some and be glad to get it for under on-line prices.
    So, the term gouging is very open to interpretation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Simple to some.
    If you do not have it,and the person selling it has set a price that makes you feel extremely stoooooopid for not buying it at the same time that he did - - -> he's a gouger and your simply a " poor me" type person.
    That about right ?? ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Without cheaper than dirt, I would not have my “cheaper than dirt list”
    I do thank them for that.
    Times like these give insight into deeper philosophies, whether it be people or businesses.
    It’s information, is all it is, take it and do what you can or are willing to do with it.

turbo98

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wouldn't be supply and demand if a few local gas stations jacked prices up. It would be simply gouging. Now, if there's a national fuel shortage, then $5 would be normal and everyone would be paying that all over. Just like ammo. Everyone gets in their feelings when this happens, which is pretty much every election and any national emergency. It's exceptionally bad this year because of Covid, the riots, and our potential new Democrat President. No one knows exactly what he's gonna do, but we DO know it won't be good for most of us that own evil assault rifles.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Richard, no hurt feelings here. It’s good to have a civil discussion.
    I guess the difference between ammo and your gasoline example is that ammo is not a necessity while gasoline is. The gouging laws only apply to necessities.
    Plus there are retail outlets such as Academy that are still posting reasonable prices when they can get the product.
    I guess the price on my 45 Colt ammo was acceptable to at least one person because I’m meeting up with him this afternoon. Some people realize they better grab it when they see it because who knows what’s coming?

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Richard, no hurt feelings here. It’s good to have a civil discussion.
    I guess the difference between ammo and your gasoline example is that ammo is not a necessity while gasoline is. The gouging laws only apply to necessities.
    Plus there are retail outlets such as Academy that are still posting reasonable prices when they can get the product.
    I guess the price on my 45 Colt ammo was acceptable to at least one person because I’m meeting up with him this afternoon. Some people realize they better grab it when they see it because who knows what’s coming?
    The idea of ammo as not a necessity then kinda brings into question the 2nd as right vs privilege. Without ammo the 2nd becomes moot.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The idea of ammo as not a necessity then kinda brings into question the 2nd as right vs privilege. Without ammo the 2nd becomes moot.

Ammo has a very long shelf life, gas and food do not. It could then be argued that it’s your own fault that you are not stocked up since guns and ammunition has been dirt cheap the last few years.

Top Bottom