• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ha ha.. I was just asking.

Did not know how hard core you were going to be. From what I saw some of these guys will spend almost as much to get the tools to roll one as if they just broke down and purchased a professionally rolled receiver.

Well good luck. Drop an update on your build. Will be fun to see..

Well the parts kit showed up today (Only took eleven days from when I ordered it). Everything listed WAS in there, cleaning kit had the cap (Says some might be missing the cap), no rust, but dirty as hell.

Added bonus I found a magazine in the box. Which is cool as I didn't order or pay for one. Seeing a buddy is giving me one, along with the sling and bayonet, I didn't see a need to.

Hunting for a new FFL to have the barreled receiver sent to. The business that I've been using since 2011 was sold, and is no longer a pawn shop.....They were cool, they gave me a copy of their FFL for my records and to send to sellers when I bought stuff. Just had to let them know I had something inbound.

Oh by the way Indy, the "Why you ask" remark was my way of saying before you ask why, I'm getting a pre-rolled receiver. It's because I couldn't be trusted to roll a decent funny cigarette back in the day, not going to chance a receiver, and not meant as questioning your question.

20220719_184401.jpg

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice, I like the color of the wood. Really like the tiger strips in the front grip.

Those guys who roll their own tubes make it look fun, buuuuuut you and I both know that you will muck up a few to start with and that will add to the cost.

There is nothing wrong with paying a craftsman to do his work. I know of a lad who built a 1919a4 and ended up spending more money on it then if he had purchased a built gun from one of the best 1919a4 builders out there.

Other then the receiver what other parts do you need??

If you go to gunbroker and search for an FFL in your area they will give you a list of ones registered to gunbroker and the prices they charge. Warning this list can be out of date but its a start.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice, I like the color of the wood. Really like the tiger strips in the front grip.

Those guys who roll their own tubes make it look fun, buuuuuut you and I both know that you will muck up a few to start with and that will add to the cost.

There is nothing wrong with paying a craftsman to do his work. I know of a lad who built a 1919a4 and ended up spending more money on it then if he had purchased a built gun from one of the best 1919a4 builders out there.

Other then the receiver what other parts do you need??

If you go to gunbroker and search for an FFL in your area they will give you a list of ones registered to gunbroker and the prices they charge. Warning this list can be out of date but its a start.

Barrel, receiver and barrel pin are the only parts it didn't come with. The barreled receiver I'm looking at has all that and other parts, so I'll end up with some spare parts.

I didn't even notice the striping on the handguard......Hmm might have to look for a matching buttstock!

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Project has been on hold, as we move back into the house, and I find a new FFL. My old FFL retired, since the owner sold the business and it got turned into something else.

Some local FFLs want damn near $100.00 transfer fee. There is one literally a stones throw from the house, but I can't get a straight answer from the kid. He just didn't seem to want to be bothered, been trying to catch his dad at the business.

My old FFL, gave me a copy of his FFL for my records. I would give him a heads up before ordering anything, then do my thing, and they would send it to him, easy peasy!

The kid I was trying to deal with at the new place, said yes we do transfers, named the price and went back to his phone. Tried asking about how do I go about getting the FFL sent to a seller and he mumbled and kept staring at his phone. I understand not every FFL, is going to give you a copy of their FFL, but come on, at least talk to me, so we can set something up. I mean hell you'll be getting a lot business through me, and I'll also buy from you, I did see a few things in there I want.

Top Bottom