• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking to pick up a used Nissan for the wife and was wondering if there are any advantages of buying a certified vehicle? I see that they have to pass a 160-somethin point check to become certified but I was just wondering what that meant? Is it worth paying a little extra for?:mullet:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes they have a lot longer warranty too, we were looking at a 2013 fusion that was certified a little over a year ago and it came with like 120k/ 10year warranty with the certification too from the purchase date, which was better then the new warranty which was 100k and covers the exact same as new.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Coming from a dealership the "certified" means nothing, take it to a trusted mechanic and have them inspect the automobile before purchase. I learned the hard way on this, I am a mechanic a bought a used car and trusted their 160 point inspection like an idiot and the first time I rotated the tires I found out it needed front and rear brakes. I even questioned the salesman about their inspection at the time of purchase and he said it was done and they had to put their name on it. I never went back and complained about it afterwards because I feel it's my fault for trusting those lying bastard salesman. Caulk it up to a lesson learned, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not really a salesmans fault that the mechanics skimped on their job. And that's what the warranty is for.

Anything I find that isn't working or looking right on my wife's car I dont even look at it twice. Take that shit in and get it fixed and get a loaner car most the time.

Chads

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work for nissan. So here you go. Yes it is worth it getting certified and here's why: the carfax will have to be clean, the vehicle will have to meet almost new specifications, your power train warranty is extended from 5/60,000 to 7/100,000, if you are financing with NMAC there are special rates available or a rebate like a new car and you will get 2 keys it is part of the certified. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me 850-380-3614 I've been there 11 yrs and will be happy to assist you any way I can.

Chad

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Better get it in writing and triple signed, my wife worked in the service department of a Nissan dealership and we would never buy one, at least one of their cars. Also the salesman are truly lying bastards and the 160 point inspection was used to sell a car regularly when it was never actually done and had no warranty. The shennanigans that went on are criminal and would have got a person beat to death 60 years ago.

Chads

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad to hear we are all lying bastards!!! You must be a saint! And just to be clear a nissan has a 155 point inspection and yes you get a copy of the inspection and the CPO warranty is in triplicate form.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work for nissan. So here you go. Yes it is worth it getting certified and here's why: the carfax will have to be clean, the vehicle will have to meet almost new specifications, your power train warranty is extended from 5/60,000 to 7/100,000, if you are financing with NMAC there are special rates available or a rebate like a new car and you will get 2 keys it is part of the certified. If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me 850-380-3614 I've been there 11 yrs and will be happy to assist you any way I can.

Chad

I have a question. Bought my wife a 2012 Pathfinder from Chris Myers a year ago, Certified. Only got one key. Any leg to stand on?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own 2 Nissans, and wouldnt hesitate to get another. I have had near zero problems with either. The altima we have had for 5 years. I have replaced an a/c hose, alternator, and intake cam variable timing solenoids...thats it other than tires, brakes, comsumables. v6 altima (06) gets 26mpg, v6 pathfinder (12) gets 19.9-20mpg. I'm impressed.

Chads

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on how they are. Usually after 30 days it's a no go. However I can help you. I'll give you a remote and program it for you and I'll see what I can do about a key. Might not be free but I can get it at cost for you.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad to hear we are all lying bastards!!! You must be a saint! And just to be clear a nissan has a 155 point inspection and yes you get a copy of the inspection and the CPO warranty is in triplicate form.

I'm sorry to lump Chads in with many of the people he works with, turns out he is one of the few upstanding salesman at his particular dealership (where I bought my car) I still wouldn't buy a Nissan car but an SUV or truck I would be all in on, and if I needed an good trustworthy salesman ( inside info) I would look towards him!

Chads

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you I appreciate it! I try hard to lead people in the right direction even if it means not buying a car/truck from me! I am willing to help anyone even if you are buying somewhere else.

Top Bottom