• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a factory cerakoted Sig that I want to be redone in a new color.

Who is the best in Florida? In the general panhandle area?

I want the gun taken down, stripped to bare metal, recoated, put back together.

I do want someone that will replace it if they ruin it.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A few good ones in the area, maybe some other members could chime in with a few good places in cantonment and Milton/pace area. I’ve used precision tactical out in crestview and they do good work on cerakote. I wouldn’t use them for anything else, especially gunsmithing, but that’s a different topic altogether. Their prices are on their website If you wanted to take a look and a lot of their work is on the website also. Just my two cents.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I hear a lot of things about christian from gulf coast gun. He is a member here but I can't recall his screen name.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    PFC is under "new management" in Cantonment. I think they cerakoate but may outsource for other stuff.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    PFC is under "new management" in Cantonment. I think they cerakoate but may outsource for other stuff.

I went by there 3-4 weeks ago and they never got back to me about doing some cerakote. The guy who does it was not there and would call me later in the week.

I have not heard anything since.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I went by there 3-4 weeks ago and they never got back to me about doing some cerakote. The guy who does it was not there and would call me later in the week.

I have not heard anything since.
    Ah, well I guess that answers that. Haha
    I haven't been in there since the change.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    PTAC posts some pretty nice cerakote and mill jobs on their facebook page. I follow them just to see what kind of work they pump out. If you're wanting it done right and by someone that has the insurance or finances to replace it, then they'd be the spot. I've not heard about anyone else in the area that can hold a candle to their work. I've personally been playing with cold cerakote by myself. I just did an upper last week that turned out pretty good. Doing another bare stripped upper this weekend in a different style to see how it turns out. I've been playing with anodizing and stripping them already so I have all the stuff to strip it and redo it if I want. It's an option, but it takes about $75 in startup funds to get the required equipment.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ken at www.cerakotebyken.com. Right here in Pensacola... he is VERY reasonable and does awesome work. He's always done right by me. 847-691-8583
    Looks to be nice work and a very reasonable price. I'm saving this post for future reference. Would love to know his prices on AR receiver sets.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    PTAC posts some pretty nice cerakote and mill jobs on their facebook page. I follow them just to see what kind of work they pump out. If you're wanting it done right and by someone that has the insurance or finances to replace it, then they'd be the spot. I've not heard about anyone else in the area that can hold a candle to their work. I've personally been playing with cold cerakote by myself. I just did an upper last week that turned out pretty good. Doing another bare stripped upper this weekend in a different style to see how it turns out. I've been playing with anodizing and stripping them already so I have all the stuff to strip it and redo it if I want. It's an option, but it takes about $75 in startup funds to get the required equipment.

I plan on doing the cold cure on my can for this gun but I want a professional to do the main body.

I emailed Ken - I will let you know what he says.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ken cannot do serialized parts.

I am looking at rampart in Sanford Florida. They are the only Cerakote high volume applicator in Florida

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ken cannot do serialized parts.

I am looking at rampart in Sanford Florida. They are the only Cerakote high volume applicator in Florida
    Well, that’s a bummer. I imagine the paperwork and hassle the ATF requires just isn’t worth the hassle. However, I’d def keep him in mind for other work (non-serialized). He does excellent work is very pleasant to work with as a person. It’s super convenient to have someone here in Pensacola that does such quality work.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well, that’s a bummer. I imagine the paperwork and hassle the ATF requires just isn’t worth the hassle. However, I’d def keep him in mind for other work (non-serialized). He does excellent work is very pleasant to work with as a person. It’s super convenient to have someone here in Pensacola that does such quality work.

he does not have an ffl, so he can’t hold them in Florida.

ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a factory cerakoted Sig that I want to be redone in a new color.

Who is the best in Florida? In the general panhandle area?

I want the gun taken down, stripped to bare metal, recoated, put back together.

I do want someone that will replace it if they ruin it.
    A & A Tactical in Crestview.

Top Bottom