• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, my Florida CCW License Lapsed while I was in AZ. Do I need to start all over with a CCW class and License, or do I just pay late for my reapplication?

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, my Florida CCW License Lapsed while I was in AZ. Do I need to start all over with a CCW class and License, or do I just pay late for my reapplication?

"If you fail to renew your license by its expiration date, you may renew it up to six months after it has expired. However, there is a late fee of $15 for renewing after the expiration date. If your license has been expired for longer than six months, it cannot be renewed.

If your license has been expired for longer than six months, it cannot be renewed. You must apply for a new license."

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here in Bama they told me that I had to let mine expire before they allowed me to renew mine. Which seems like a weird rule. My memory is terrible and I wanted to do mine early was I had it on mind, vs forgetting again and be expired when pulled over ot whatever the case may be.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here in Bama they told me that I had to let mine expire before they allowed me to renew mine. Which seems like a weird rule. My memory is terrible and I wanted to do mine early was I had it on mind, vs forgetting again and be expired when pulled over ot whatever the case may be.
    Here in FL they send you notice 90 days before experation. Now if your spouse gets the mail, and you take 2 month or longer vacations, well one thing can lead to another. Bet I'm not the only one that ever let their CCW License lapse?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here in FL they send you notice 90 days before expectation. Now if your spouse gets the mail, and you take 2 month or longer vacations, well one thing can lead to another. Bet I'm not the only one that ever let their CCW License lapse?
    Yeah. At least here in Bama they don't make ya jump thru hoops to get one as far as classes etc. It's all over with in like 5 mins and you're gone

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would be tempted to wait and see what happens with the constitutional carry legislation.
    I've only got until April if lakelandmusic post is confirmed. May not have enough time if I desire to carry daily? But since GMA won't be home until March, guess I could repeat the initial process again if need be. Perhaps the time has come to leave the sidearm in the truck for a spell?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’s correct, but your ccw is expired till you renew it.
    be careful till you get it renewed.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Make the appointment at the tax office in Pace. Was amazed how painless it was. Literally under 10 minutes to walk out with my newly renewed permit.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only got until April if lakelandmusic post is confirmed. May not have enough time if I desire to carry daily? But since GMA won't be home until March, guess I could repeat the initial process again if need be. Perhaps the time has come to leave the sidearm in the truck for a spell?
    Florida law states no carry until renewed. If you don't meet the deadline you would have to repeat the process.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom