• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I can’t carry on my person at my office so I keep it locked in my truck. I can see my truck from my office window and it is not visible from the outside the car. If I drive straight home I don’t put it on. It is accessible if I need it while driving. When I get home it is less than 100 feet from the driveway to the door so I usually just tuck the holster in my waistband at the appendix position and carry my stuff in to the house. Occassionally I will walk a few steps in the other direction to the mailbox before I go in. In those cases I try to obscure it with what I’m carrying. Don’t need to advertise or scare neighborhood kids, etc. Depending on what I’m carrying when I reach for the mail or step toward the house it could be visible to someone driving down the street in front of my house. If that is the case, is that a legal problem for me?

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can’t carry on my person at my office so I keep it locked in my truck. I can see my truck from my office window and it is not visible from the outside the car. If I drive straight home I don’t put it on. It is accessible if I need it while driving. When I get home it is less than 100 feet from the driveway to the door so I usually just tuck the holster in my waistband at the appendix position and carry my stuff in to the house. Occassionally I will walk a few steps in the other direction to the mailbox before I go in. In those cases I try to obscure it with what I’m carrying. Don’t need to advertise or scare neighborhood kids, etc. Depending on what I’m carrying when I reach for the mail or step toward the house it could be visible to someone driving down the street in front of my house. If that is the case, is that a legal problem for me?
    In fact, Florida statute §790.053 specifically states that it is not a violation for a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon, who is lawfully carrying a concealed firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Your on your property and not technically brandishing your gun. If your neighbors have an issue then they can stay outside when they come beating on the door for help with the zombies show up. Lol. Not a lawyer but if you're worried, put it in the house then check your mail?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I reached for something on the tip shelf at the grocery store. I'm sure it was seen in that non ordinary situation for a split second. Her eyes were open like she seen my pecker. Never said a word but thank you.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I reached for something on the tip shelf at the grocery store. I'm sure it was seen in that non ordinary situation for a split second. Her eyes were open like she seen my pecker. Never said a word but thank you.

if she asked for your ph:#, you know what she saw......

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Not assuming that you have a permit to carry a concealed firearm, although you use the term CCW; I would say that if you stepped off your property with a concealed firearms without having a permit, you could be in violation of the law.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On your property, openly carry it all you want or not. Not against the law either way. I'm so glad I live in the country. When I'm done hunting or getting any gun out of the truck, I don't care about what my neighbors or anyone driving down the street care etc... If someone saw me with a gun, they'd ask what it was and probably strike up a conversation. I've got home from hunting while open carrying and check my mail with a rifle slung on the shoulder and pistol on my hip in the open.

I know country living is not for everyone. But I'm sure glad I don't live in a city or suburban neighborhood where I have to worry about it.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Thanks guys. I do have a CCW permit. I thought I was ok, but looking to make sure. I think the tip of making a second run to the mailbox if I have much junk is a good one as well.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't see any problems with your permitted CC actions.

There's a bunch of no-CC places and if we follow those restrictions, there may be a lot of unsupervised gun in vehicle time. Even though you can see your vehicle from your office, your not going to be able to watch it the full time your at work. I recommended a steel lock box that can be hard mounted to seat bolts but there's also a cable lock type (mine came with both options and specific vehicle brackets @ $70). You can find them from $20 to $100. Much more secure than a inside compartment or the trunk. I use the sliding draw type hard, mounted in my soft top Jeep: under the seat, off the floor and out of sight. Just check the dimension so you will know what will fit inside.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    With permit, you are good. Your original post did not clarify that. I often check my mail with a barely concealed pistol with a CCW and NO concerns.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always carry at home and when working about my place. In 90 degree plus weather I do not carry my wallet and ID. One while working I could loose it, and the sweat will damage eventually the ID and wallet. I step outside my fence to reach the mail box on the shoulder of the road. Guns are covered, but budges are obvious. The .38 loaded with shot cartridges in my pocket has the butt protruding out and so I leave that inside the gate. I keep the 9mm in its bandoleer holster under my shirt as I retrieve my mail.
    I believe the shoulder of the road that has my mail box is mine, but technically I might be violating the law. I own a CCW, but I do not have it on me as I stated.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys. I do have a CCW permit. I thought I was ok, but looking to make sure. I think the tip of making a second run to the mailbox if I have much junk is a good one as well.

A briefcase is a lovely thing.

An Anti-Gun workplace carries no force of law,
    however, if you are caught, yer fired.
    Frankly, that's the ENTIRE reason for Thunderwear.
    They'll never know...unless the brown squishy hits the rotating blades.
    After you save their bacon...you can always say that you saw the bad guy,
    thought something bad was going to happen, & ran to your car and retrieved it....
    few are going to argue the point, and if they do...sue 'em for lying :D

Amazon product ASIN B00N98U2TE

Top Bottom