• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone have experience with the spray lube like Hornady one shot in necked rifle cartridges? I've been using either rcbs sizing lube or Lee. Just looking for something a little easier for when I have a lot of brass to prep at once.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use the same stuff for my rifle cartridges. I take a gallon zip loc bag then throw in about 40 or so cases. I give the cases a good spray while they're in the bag, seal it up, then toss it around like you're breading some fish in a paper bag. It works great and I've yet to get any stuck cases in my dies or any other problems. Throw it in the tumbler after they're resized for an hour and it comes right off.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use One Shot the same way as above. Spray in a ziploc, shake, spray some more, shake, open and dump them out and let them dry for 5-10 min. I finish processing and throw in a sonic cleaner for 5 minutes to clean the pockets and remove the lube.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks. That will definitely be faster than rubbing it on or rolling it on a oiled pad. I've got a couple hundred rounds to size and deprime before passing through my sonic cleaner

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks. That will definitely be faster than rubbing it on or rolling it on a oiled pad. I've got a couple hundred rounds to size and deprime before passing through my sonic cleaner

Yeah I used a pad ONCE. Then I went online and found that hornady one shot. I haven't looked back since. Make sure to shake the ever loving piss out of the can to make sure it's mixed well before spraying.

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have used one shot in the past and it always worked as advertised. I got away from it when I tried Hornady Unique case lube. It lasts so much longer and I prefer to lube as I pick up. Just personal preference.

10wt308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's what I am using now. I pick the brass up by the neck and lube the body. No dented shoulders

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I use a Sterilite Shoebox to lube mine. Put 100 or so cases in it...I use RCBS case lube II and mix it with denatured alcohol from a 1 qt Zep spray bottle. after you spray some you can shake the box end to end and the cases will stand up somewhat then get a little in the necks....set them in the sun for a few minutes or hit them with a hair dryer until the alcohol evaporates and they are ready to go. If you don't get to them all in that sitting put the box cover on to keep trash out. I use this method for larger quantities and if it is just a few probably Imperial Sizing Wax

edit: I clean in SS media afterwards

Last edited:
    Reactions: FLT

Latest posts

Top Bottom