• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    At the end of an outdoor training session a couple years ago I convinced the trainer to let us do a practice drill with this scenario...
    We're at the Saenger, I have my concealed Pistol in a fanny pouch and a bad guy breaks up the party. It got very weird, very scary ,very fast. There is no margin of error if you want to be a life saving hero in such a scenario....too many people too close together. I no longer even try to sneak my heat in there....oddly enough, I seem to be more relaxed and able to enjoy the show.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I no longer even try to sneak my heat in there....oddly enough, I seem to be more relaxed and able to enjoy the show.
    There is no sneaking about it. You have a carry permit. Just because you are in possession of a firearm means you need to use it.

I feel no difference in my BP, stress or comfort level if I have a firearm holstered on me. Then again I've been carrying all the time for so long, to the point its like having your wallet and keys. Just another tool in the box.

And I don't carry 'to be a hero', I carry it for myself and my family's protection. Not you or anyone else. Now it may make sense for me to eliminate a threat for the good myself which is good for everyone. Or it might be better for me and mine to egress / depart the scene of a shooting with my firearm in the holster.

Make of it what you will.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    There is no sneaking about it. You have a carry permit. Just because you are in possession of a firearm means you need to use it.

I feel no difference in my BP, stress or comfort level if I have a firearm holstered on me. Then again I've been carrying all the time for so long, to the point its like having your wallet and keys. Just another tool in the box.
    A doctor at the VA Clinic turned me in for packing when I had to remove my pants for a prostate exam. Any one who has had the exam knows the drill. Anyway, I was told I violated their rule. So I got written up. When ask to explain why I was in violation. I said pretty much what you just said. When I dress in the morning I put my pants, shirt, socks, and my weapon on. It's a no brainer. It's done automatically without a thought. It's just the way I dress. Oh, some where in that process I take a wiz too. It was pointed out earlier, I don't even feel that I'm carrying. Anyway, I waited 20 minutes for the clinic cop to remove me from the office. If it were an active shooter situation, how many veterans would have been killed or injured? On November 5, 2009, Nadal Hasan reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar!" (the phrase means "God is great"), and opened fire on armed forces in the Soldier Readiness Center of Fort Hood, located in Killeen, Texas, killing thirteen people and wounding over thirty others in the worst shooting against armed forces on an American military base. On September 16, 2013, Aaron Alexis fatally shot 12 people and injured three others in a mass shooting at the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) inside the Washington Navy Yard in southeast Washington, D.C. It was the second-deadliest mass murder on a U.S. military base, behind the 2009 Fort Hood shooting. Crazies aren't deterred by gun free zones. They are drawn to them.

1674225903193.png
    1674257641399.png

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^^^^
    Just one of the many reasons I would rather die that set foot back in a VA facility ever again...

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fashion and function lol in the HIGHLY UNLIKELY event of someone shooting at a play, This would get you and yours to the door I would think.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The real kicker to me is the company setting the policy is doing so in a building owned by the city. Like the Bayfront building is owned by Escambia County.

Florida has a law that firearms carry legislation is the sole right of the state of FL, at least it did last I looked into it, and no lower government can enact stricter than state law.

Guess allowing it to happen is not the same as passing legal restrictions, just let a leasing company do as they want ;).

Top Bottom