• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, worked with an M24 Jockey that came Home busted up, both physically and mentally. Tossed away the Spouse and kids, saddled up with an under twenty years old, and we butted heads everywhere other than the range. He couldn't find employment that would give him another chance to do once what he once did, and I was attempting not to ever do again what I used to do. But since we shared time on the Red Cloud Range, I was just wondering how many folks that have done want one more chance to prove to themselves that they can do. I can't even conceive of how many folks that ain't never done nothing want to mouth off on the internet and pass a negative judgement on folks that actually served this country? Just got my first taste of self serving didn't spend a day under fire that passed judgement on a 20+ year actual Vet. So bottom line: Can You Do Once what You Once Did? ( Pardon the musical theft). But can you? If you ain't never done Please refrain! But I doubt that will happen on the internet when keyboard Commandos rule.........?

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he is also asking if people on the forum who were in the military or law enforcement if they could still do the job they did while they were still active.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Things I don't do as well as I once did, no particular order and maybe missed some; Piss, screw, run, lift heavy objects, work 10hr days in the sun, care...

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you can do athletic things as well in your 40’s and 50’s as you could in your 20’s and 30’s, you probably weren’t trying very hard back then. There are some very narrow exceptions, but they are rare.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those that actually did Dirty Deeds Dirt Cheap in their teens or twenties on a regular basis, can you still accomplish one of the Dirty Deeds that you did regularly back then? If you can't comprehend, then you probably didn't do Dirty Deeds Dirt Cheap on a daily basis,or ever. So those of US that did, can you still accomplish one Dirty Deed if your life or another's life depended on it? Perhaps you may not walk away like you once did, but can you succeed? Clear enough for the folks that have never been? Bet it's clear enough for those that are HAS-BEENS?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are probably about to hear about a 1950+ yd kill shot done in Lima, Peru! :rolleyes: Pull on your hip boots!
    Bye the way, since you never accomplished a 1900 yard + hit on even a paper or steel target, you ain't qualified to wade into such conversations even equipped with chest waders. But under no circumstances that saved my life would I ever even attempt that shot again. But if it saved a loved one, well I might once again attempt that shot equally or better equipped. But the odds of me succeeding? Well, it happened once back when I once did such things daily. But I don't think that is the thing I could do once that I did once before. YMMV. But you seem to think your the expert, school me..... LOL. This is the point when you don't Snipe and I expect nothing but crickets...................you will appear again when you don't have to validate your snide remarks. But such is the role of the keyboard commandos. Now I gave you the benefit of being an actual veteran, but you may have overstepped your actual experience when under Uncle Sam's control. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but perhaps just the mathematics of the shooting solution would save face with the other members onboard? Bye your leave SIR! Now if you asked if I think I could swim a couple of miles in the South China Sea if you opened the outer doors of a torpedo hatch, well that might still be possible if the tide was in my favor. But I'm betting it would take a lot longer than it did in the 1970's. LMAO, LOL.

Last edited:

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not been there nor done that And only come in here to say that I appreciate the service of you and men and like you.. Someone once said the only reason man can sleep without nightmares is Because somewhere in the past a man's Live has been a nightmare. Again I appreciate your service.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom