• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It's funny, some people don't understand their 'tells' in their stories. Re-read them carefully and it's like your kid lying about getting an extra cookie out of the jar...

And the fact that some people PM each other, calling them out is extremely funny to me... Know that if you are sending those PMs, you have already lost the argument...

iu
    There is some excellent training (LSI Scan Technique) out there for determining deception through written statements. It is much more reliable than polygraphs!
    I highly recommend it!

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure I follow about the PM’s!

Generally, I try and take people’s word for stuff. If someone claims they can do or have done something in such a manner that it consistently gets within 90%+ of what the world record is for that activity then I admit I become suspicious unless it’s pretty well known that the person making the claim is legit.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone else notice that when people that have had shared experiences have a conversation, folks that have never shared those experiences lose tract or minimize the conversation? For example I've yet to talk with a Marine that hasn't been able to share about the 500 yard basic rifle course, yet most of the Army folks don't have a thing to say about yardages over 300. While the basic concept is the same I find that those with 500 yard Quals open up easier to other folks with the 500 yard experience. Perhaps the influence of Army Infantry on the firing line makes it take a little longer for Reg Army Vets to open up? Now do any such folks want to take theoretical questions from strangers without a shared experiences? Perhaps they will offer assistance on the range to an obvious novice that seems to have the proper attitude? Many a LEO will start up a conversation with me after a few rounds have been expended at the pistol range, but they seem to be more in tune with procedures taught during their training days. JMHO. YMMV. Or they just might be a bit more experienced with the general public?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't answer those questions. I'm just an engineer, I fix buildings. They put me on a helicopter and dropped me here. They just left me. Can you help me contact a US Embassy or the nearest Red Cross?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't answer those questions. I'm just an engineer, I fix buildings. They put me on a helicopter and dropped me here. They just left me. Can you help me contact a US Embassy or the nearest Red Cross?
    Wait wasn't it the Red Cross that dropped you off on the rooftop? Did they have light blue, or red helmets with a white cross??????

Last edited:
    Top Bottom