• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Been looking at these and reading. Did you know they are roller locked? Extra spacy design! Gen 2 new production.

If my sub2k wasn't so solid I'd have to get one. He'll, May get 2 one in 9mm one in 22. 100 rd drum!

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Had a braced mpa. In 45 it was fun, but way too heavy, like carring a cinder block.
    Very unwieldy, for sure. Old school tech. Like an uzi... so much better stuff is out there nowadays but you've always wanted one.

The Calico mag has always made me nervous. Weight distribution and also unfamiliarity with how the inside of that huge mag works.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    One good thing about the Calico mag is that it is horizontal. I learned this with my Sterling. That's good for window sills and car windows and going prone... staying low

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Very unwieldy, for sure. Old school tech. Like an uzi... so much better stuff is out there nowadays but you've always wanted one.

The Calico mag has always made me nervous. Weight distribution and also unfamiliarity with how the inside of that huge mag works
    It's helical. It's an interesting design. But your right, hard to argue vs glock stick mags...

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Forgotten Weapons proved the Calico action can be extremely reliable if used correctly and correctly serviced, which I imagine most of the originals were not. Would love to see one of the new ones in the wild, but I'm not sure if they really exist.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Forgotten Weapons proved the Calico action can be extremely reliable if used correctly and correctly serviced, which I imagine most of the originals were not. Would love to see one of the new ones in the wild, but I'm not sure if they really exist.
    They do, in stock now, new production. Follow link.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I wonder if them roller locks are rated for +P+. I know it will handle +P+, but for how long...

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I put several thousand rounds (at least 4k) of Israeli +p+ that I got for a bargain Through my Glock 19 with new springs and a comp. Mostly Shooting competitions. I still have the 19 (but not the ammo).
    Yep, heavier spring would keep it from beating the gun to death. Smart. I think they under spring the guns on purpose.

Top Bottom