• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The laws are transitory..... Like your God given rights. Once you realize that you will be at peace

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I READ the whole thing. Have done so several times. I post this and a few others every few months because it comes up all the time. This is stickied in sales section as well. I post the link so people get accurate information instead of "I think" and the "guy told me".
    SO you AGREE:

" ...federal law allows dealers to sell long guns to buyers from adjacent states, but not handguns."

EDIT: OH, I think I see... you're saying federal law allows dealers to sell long guns over-the-counter to residents from ANY state? Fine, but that would INCLUDE "adjacent states", so my statement is still true : )

i.e., what you were saying is "(the federal restriction to) Adjacent states hasn't been a thing in a long time", correct?

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you really want to be partially correct on a technicality...

Been discussed before

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    SO you AGREE:

" ...federal law allows dealers to sell long guns to buyers from adjacent states, but not handguns."

If you really want to be partially correct on a technicality...

Been discussed before
    Yep... when you said "Adjacent states hasn't been a thing in a long time", I thought you meant that you cannot buy long guns in adjacent states : )

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I don't understand why people who buy guns, think people who sell guns, should be required to read and comprehend better than everyone else. I'm thinking ATF should make memes to explain gun laws.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I don't understand why people who buy guns, think people who sell guns, should be required to read and comprehend better than everyone else. I'm thinking ATF should make memes to explain gun laws.
    Sarcastic or serious? We come to you for a paid service. You're supposed to know more. Lol.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sarcastic. But I did let my license lapse, one of the reasons being, I couldn't make sense out of the regulations, and I didn't want to break any laws, at least in an official capacity.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The biggest problem (beside the 20,000+ laws already on the books) is the constant changes, not only in federal laws/regs, but in state laws as well. Imagine selling to non-residents, and trying to keep up with the laws in the other 49 states in order to do so legally : )

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sarcastic. But I did let my license lapse, one of the reasons being, I couldn't make sense out of the regulations, and I didn't want to break any laws, at least in an official capacity.
    Not a petsonal attack. Seems like maybe they got you, and others, right where they want ya.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not a petsonal attack. Seems like maybe they got you, and others, right where they want ya.

Isn’t that how most/all “gun control” legislation works? The law-abiding honest people clamor over themselves reading every word and having in-depth discussions with legal experts and industry professionals to determine exactly what is allowed and what isn’t. The same people write to their congressional representatives and senators, and executive branch talking heads are called to testify before Congress about the laws to further answer questions and clarify.

You know who doesn’t give a flip about the law and just does what they’re gonna do? Criminals, and Patriots who understand the Constitution. Which of those two groups are actually pursued says all you need to know about the LEO involved.

Laws mostly affect the law-abiding.
    Criminals are only affected by exception.
    In the case of “gun control”, Patriots are hosed either way, and that’s their point.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn’t that how most/all “gun control” legislation works? The law-abiding honest people clamor over themselves reading every word and having in-depth discussions with legal experts and industry professionals to determine exactly what is allowed and what isn’t. The same people write to their congressional representatives and senators, and executive branch talking heads are called to testify before Congress about the laws to further answer questions and clarify.

You know who doesn’t give a flip about the law and just does what they’re gonna do? Criminals, and Patriots who understand the Constitution. Which of those two groups are actually pursued says all you need to know about the LEO involved.

Laws mostly affect the law-abiding.
    Criminals are only affected by exception.
    In the case of “gun control”, Patriots are hosed either way, and that’s their point.
    I just look for the loop-holes anymore. Stay gray.

Contacting any, yes any, sitting "elected" official, is no more than aiding the enemy, IMO. They'll just take what you ask/give 'em and use it to @#$% ya further/more. Locally, that has been proven to me beyond doubt, and in writing (e-mails) by gaetz, rubio, and scott. Credibility lost as hard regained, and we haven't even talked about trust yet...

Laws. All laws may be laws, but all laws are certainly not Constitutional.

Top Bottom