• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I believe Don's started off in Town and Country Plaza, moved to the shop on East Nine Mile at the railroad track, then to their present shop on Palafox, north of Nine Mile Road. Only went in the present shop one time, and felt like I was intruding, and got a strange feeling. The coin and stamp store was on Chemstrand Rd., south of Nine Mile. You're right, it was sort of junky. I believe it is closed. Emerald Coast Coins on Creighton is my go to place for gold and silver...well ran and good family.
    Emerald Coast Coins on Creighton is my go to for coins also. Good people. Highly recommended.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mike Scott did sell Mikes to Pat and Sta. Mike still owns Scott’s in Jay and pretty sure he will until his death. At least that’s what he told me a few weeks back when I asked when he was gonna pack it in and retire. Mr Mike is a great person and his family have been right there in downtown Jay for many years.

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The owner and his partner Jack are a con artist and a Thief. Details of their actions can be found in google, Facebook, Yelp reviews for Don's gun Shop Pensacola. A report has been filed with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who moved it to Escambia County Sheriff's investigations. Customers are getting ripped off for not getting their ordered merchandise or refunded, even gun consignments sold and not payed to the person owed who consigned it. When viewing Facebook be sure to open every reply.

I wrote one of those reviews on Google. Bought a P365 in January and in May no gun. Kept hearing that shipping was delayed due to Covid. Finally demanded a refund or legal action. He refunded me but I’ll never do business with them again for any reason. Went to Mikes, ordered the pistol and was here in 2 days

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seeing all this makes me wonder how a business stays open for that long without someone going to jail.

I've had one instance that I had to have the ATF get in on to help the situation. I bought a rifle from someone and they gave me every excuse in the book about a delay in shipping it. I found the reg on it and passed it to the local agent we were working with at the time. They made one phone call and that rifle was over-night'd to the shop that I was working at, at the time. Amazing how that works haha.

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My brother in law ordered 3 glocks from Dons back in October and same thing, keeps blaming shipping on covid and every other excuse in the book . Wish he would’ve asked me about this place before he placed that order could’ve saved him the trouble . I would highly recommend not using this place for anything . These people are thiefs and liars . Put em out of business already

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I must be missing something here.
    I own a small business and if I cheated anyone like this guy seems to have done, multiple times, the DBPR would pull my license and the law would be at my door.
    How does this this guy get to continue in business, or not get a free ride to free County Lodging?
    Are there any lawyers on the forum that would like to explain? Please?

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Greasing pockets of those who can cover them, or the people getting taken aren't pushing it in the right place.

A decent look of the operation of our current crap in DC will also answer the above question.

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emerald Coast Coins on Creighton is my go to for coins also. Good people. Highly recommended.
    Intruding is exactly the way to put it. After my repeated attempts to get a refund for my orders. Jack would get Annoyed that I was showing up instead of calling or emailing. He is a real scumbag.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Intruding is exactly the way to put it. After my repeated attempts to get a refund for my orders. Jack would get Annoyed that I was showing up instead of calling or emailing. He is a real scumbag.
    Maybe schedule a meet up time at his shop . Maybe alert the local media . I know WEAR -3 is always looking for stories like that .

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My brother in law ordered 3 glocks from Dons back in October and same thing, keeps blaming shipping on covid and every other excuse in the book . Wish he would’ve asked me about this place before he placed that order could’ve saved him the trouble . I would highly recommend not using this place for anything . These people are thiefs and liars . Put em out of business already
    Did he get refunded? if not please have him reach out to FDLE in Pensacola they are looking for anyone willing to make an official statement towards their investigation.

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there anyway you can put a notice out and get all these people to meet at their front door with the news? Make a hell of a story. I'd bet if a segment was ran there would be even more come out of the woodwork.
    I sent my story to ch 3 news today along with the FDLE report number. Hopefully it will run.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I hate to have to say this but the only reason that place is ripping people off is because YOU LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. Stop being nice and go stand up for yourselfs. I sure as hell wouldnt let anyone get $1 from me and let it go. Its about principle and whats right regardless of the $$. Off with their heads..... ok Im done now.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is the truth, why I said already how is a gun shop getting away with this given how the laws are.

Top Bottom