• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That’s not the same guy that people had trouble with about 10 years ago is it?
    Seems like his name was Tim. His shop was in the same area.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Can you have them contact me here or thru Facebook in dons gun shop reviews?
    Steve A.
    I believe you are dealing with one of them currently. His initials are JM. The other is not interested. He actually used to work there and they ripped him off too!

Glizmoe850

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I purchased a mag and sight breakdown tool about 10 months ago, every time I called & left message for owner to call back he never did. every time I came to shop owner told me it’ll be a couple weeks due to shipping is backed up , I literally came to store almost every month last year to hear the same shit, got so upset I ordered same items from eBay & they arrived same week as purchased. so disappointed that this shop is apart of my city. I wouldn’t recommend this shop to anyone #BadBusiness & #BadCustomerService

Attachments

• 26C7B61D-0E5B-4C50-AA4F-C83C1EFA6401.png
      26C7B61D-0E5B-4C50-AA4F-C83C1EFA6401.png
      524.4 KB · Views: 94
    • 30581768-22B2-47D0-8F2E-749F0A80AC5D.png
      30581768-22B2-47D0-8F2E-749F0A80AC5D.png
      517.8 KB · Views: 98

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'll tell you my story before I knew anything about them being crooks. And it sounded really fishy then. Didn't want me to buy the gun in stock. Told me they would place an order with the factory and it would come straight from Ruger to them to me untouched, built for me. My gun, the way I want it.

Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The owner and his partner Jack are a con artist and a Thief. Details of their actions can be found in google, Facebook, Yelp reviews for Don's gun Shop Pensacola. A report has been filed with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement who moved it to Escambia County Sheriff's investigations. Customers are getting ripped off for not getting their ordered merchandise or refunded, even gun consignments sold and not payed to the person owed who consigned it. When viewing Facebook be sure to open every reply.
    That's why I prefer Gulf Coast Guns in Milton & Trading Post down on 98. Mike's & Scott's are also very good gun-shops. Thanks for the heads up on Don's...

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I had not heard about this shop. Thanks for the heads up guys. There used to be a coin store in that area too. It was a junky place.

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had not heard about this shop. Thanks for the heads up guys. There used to be a coin store in that area too. It was a junky place.
    Yea this place has the looks of a pawn/coin shop.

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll tell you my story before I knew anything about them being crooks. And it sounded really fishy then. Didn't want me to buy the gun in stock. Told me they would place an order with the factory and it would come straight from Ruger to them to me untouched, built for me. My gun, the way I want it.
    How long ago was that?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I do not believe that this is true as of late.
    I heard the Scott is gone. Sold out to Stan and another guy at Mike's and someone else at Scott's in Jay.
    I heard this from a good source. ---- SAWMAN

Velocity

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That place use to be around the corner on 9 mile by the railroad tracks in a mobile home, it was called Don's Gun Repair Shop. Drove by one day and the sign was gone, turned right on Palafox and there it was Don's Gun Shop. I did stop in there to check it out and talk to Don, I asked him if he Boresight rifles, he said yes for $35. So I brought in my new 7mm Rem Mag and my new AR-15 300Blk and left them there.
    A couple days later he called said they were done, I picked them up went home and put them up. Four months later my son and I went to the Ascend Range, set up some targets and when I shot the 7mm the frigin scope turned sideways, not torqued down so I put it in the case and got my 300 Blackout, shot it, didn't hit the target and when I went to adjust it the scope was tight but the windage dial was on top, elevation was on the side. Never went back, figured they needed $70.

Stay Away from that place.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe Don's started off in Town and Country Plaza, moved to the shop on East Nine Mile at the railroad track, then to their present shop on Palafox, north of Nine Mile Road. Only went in the present shop one time, and felt like I was intruding, and got a strange feeling. The coin and stamp store was on Chemstrand Rd., south of Nine Mile. You're right, it was sort of junky. I believe it is closed. Emerald Coast Coins on Creighton is my go to place for gold and silver...well ran and good family.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Was this Tim half Asian looking?
    Not that I remember.
    Seems like he ripped several people off on Yeti coolers. But it was 10+ years ago and my memory is slipping.
    I ordered an LCP from him and it was all good.

Last edited:

jam0066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I bought several thousand primers from Don’s about a year ago after he bought out some local reloaded/manufacturer that closed shop. The price was very good considering the components issue that was going on.

They were clearly old primers but appeared to be serviceable. One box was missing a couple hundred primers that I didn’t notice until a couple days later. I went down there with the receipt and the primers and he gave a full refund for that box and let me keep the primers.

I never went back to the store since they aren’t my “regular” store (Uber’s Lock and Gun which has always been fantastic) and I haven’t heard of them having a restock of primers. But, looking at all this maybe it was a good thing.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought several thousand primers from Don’s about a year ago after he bought out some local reloaded/manufacturer that closed shop. The price was very good considering the components issue that was going on.

They were clearly old primers but appeared to be serviceable. One box was missing a couple hundred primers that I didn’t notice until a couple days later. I went down there with the receipt and the primers and he gave a full refund for that box and let me keep the primers.

I never went back to the store since they aren’t my “regular” store (Uber’s Lock and Gun which has always been fantastic) and I haven’t heard of them having a restock of primers. But, looking at all this maybe it was a good thing.
    I've always liked Uber's. Naomi is just good people...but she can't send you a "taxi ride." That's another story.

Top Bottom