• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've been pretty critical of BA's .223 barrels having had sent three back, one of which caused damage to my AEM5 suppressor.

If a substitute BCG and stock FCG does the same, then BA crap barrels strike again.

By the way, I have the same barrel if that's a 16" SS Fluted... had to send one of those back as well. Current one shoots ok.

I'd slap a stock FCG in there with the same BCG to rule out a FCG issue. If problem continues, swap BCG's.

Interested in what you discover.
    I really hope that's not it. Iv had great success with their barrels so far. :)

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 9.10.04 PM.png

I have a Rise Drop in and a stock Milspec I'll take tomorrow after church. Im really hoping its just the BCG.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Tomorrow? Got a back yard lol?
    Element is open Sundays normally. I didn't check to see if they were closed for Memorial Day.

I have a back yard, but I try to only use my PCP there. Too many neighbors for my taste and it only takes one to see you with a gun and freak out.

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Element is open Sundays normally. I didn't check to see if they were closed for Memorial Day.

I have a back yard, but I try to only use my PCP there. Too many neighbors for my taste and it only takes one to see you with a gun and freak out.
    Yes they are normally open Sundays. Monday is the day they are always closed.

Have you compared to a known good bcg how far the firing pin protrudes from the bolt face when the bolt is in the locked position and the firing pin is pushed forward?

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Have you compared to a known good bcg how far the firing pin protrudes from the bolt face when the bolt is in the locked position and the firing pin is pushed forward?
    Ill see if I can check. The firing pin length was only different by about a thousandth.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Probably just me but I tourqe install the barrel down 3 times. Just to be sure. Guessing no shims installed.
    Not on the barrel. I did for the muzzle device. I hate timing Breaks and I'm usually too price conscious to use the Precision Armament ones that tell you the thickness.

Its going to be later in the day. Wife's acquaintance has 40 baby chicks to get rid of and I get to play doctor Dolittle for a few hours and get them set up in our garage.
    Will be trying to re-home some later once we get them all set up.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, Im now the proud owner of 17 half grown chickens and 13 week old chickens in addition to the 13 full grown hens I already had.
    Wife got called into work so I won't be able to take it back to the range until next weekend most likely. :(

I used the end of my calipers as best I could and got .120 from the face of the bolt to the bottom face.
    From the face of the bolt to the top of the firing pin was .096
    Difference of .024

Im just using my calipers in the garage, but I think the firing pin length might be the issue.
    Here's to hoping a new BCG is the fix. (I already own a spare, and it won't cost me more money)

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, so I took it out this weekend.

Swaped BCG- Worked great. put the original BCG in and swapped the FCG - It worked.

I think it had to be the combination of FCG and BCG.

Both combinations worked well with Hornady Black, Remington, and some bulk 55gr.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, so I took it out this weekend.

Swaped BCG- Worked great. put the original BCG in and swapped the FCG - It worked.

I think it had to be the combination of FCG and BCG.

Both combinations worked well with Hornady Black, Remington, and some bulk 55gr.
    That's crazy. Glad it works!!

Top Bottom