• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    We all knew it.
    Found new damage. The last 90 days of work have been a complete waste.
    I'd say FDOT is now in on the responsibility! Been there with x ray eyes on it so it's repaired correctly and you're just finding new damage from September? Com'n!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just found some new damage......

Make you wonder how good the initial inspections were and what else they missed.

FUBAR!

In reality it is - We don’t want to announce what is true so we will go with the best possible solution (that we made up) and then announce small delays along the way.

October is reality.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In reality it is - We don’t want to announce what is true so we will go with the best possible solution (that we made up) and then announce small delays along the way.

October is reality.
    October, if everything goes right. No more Hurricanes, no supply issues, no more damage...

It's gonna be awhile...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So.... the company that built it in the first place, AND who negligently setup the conditions for their barges to damage it in the second place, AND who is currently "Repairing" it in the third place, discovers even more structural failures that will require an unknown extension to the repair timeline, AND they are operating "at a loss" during this entire "repair", AND they are being sued on multiple fronts simultaneously.

I'll be using I-10 to drop into Pensacola long after the 3-Mile-Pile-of-Bridge is opened.

Let the tourist traffic shake it up and put it through its death rattle...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    They need to start all over, too many questions, this bridge will fail in the future and kill how many? Fix or replace it NOW
    Not saying you're wrong, I just don't want to feel the reality that I am also thinking.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm thinking folks whose businesses provide conveniences/services that are not necessities, and profit from people's expendable/recreational income ought to be rethinking their business models. Considering the weather we experience each summer, I put the chance this thing opens as predicted at less than 10%. Upside? Maybe the tourists will go somewhere else, but I doubt it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After the current mess is finally fixed, government, the business community, and citizens in general need to implement a permanent fix. This is at least the second time that particular bridge has been put out of commission by barge collisions.
    Since it has happened two times now, we can only assume that it will happen again.
    When sally hit us, it was not a super strong hurricane. Get something like Hurricane Michael at a Cat 4 or 5, I do not even want to think about the damage.
    Sally was not especially powerful: "it unexpectedly re-intensified, reaching Category 2 status again early on September 16 before making landfall at peak intensity at 09:45 UTC on September 16 near Gulf Shores, Alabama, with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph (165 km/h).[1] The storm rapidly weakened after landfall, becoming a remnant low early the next day. "

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I recently heard from someone "in the know" on the 3 pile bridge that labor day is a stretch for reopening...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently heard from someone "in the know" on the 3 pile bridge that labor day is a stretch for reopening...
    Broxson said officials are still looking at their options but it appears they will need to demolish the existing piling and rebuild. The plus side is that the trophy piece is ready to go, which cuts down on curing time, he said.

This is the basic structure. How long does it take to fix a pilling.

1615136508585.png

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    iu

Don't forget, there is going to be the ever present "COVID19" impacts to progress - "Oh, I know Florida is wide open, but materials from out of state are delayed... <blah blah blah....>"

My bet is it won't be at fully open until the summer of '22. There will be more "oh we found more damage..." and all that.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I said it long ago that they should have just moved on with the other side. I'd bet it would just about be ready by now.
    Does anyone know why it was not done? My guess is that the transport by barge might be easier/faster from the south side of the bridge.

Top Bottom