• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think we discussed this before but possibly we should have a sticky where folks report on break ins, what neighborhood, times of day, etc. Might be a good way to alert fellow members about going's on in their 'hood.

Rosewood subdivision off Bellview Ave. Yellow Rose St:

Yesterday, mid-day my step-son's NDN got broken into around 11:30 AM. A quantity of firearms were stolen. My SS is out of town working so this morning his wife set their alarm before leaving the house at 7:15AM for work. She got a call from ADT at around 11:15 and ECSO arrived in 4 minutes (Thanks guys, excellent response time!). Apparently the BGs bolted as soon as the house siren went off because they were only in long enough to grab a laptop and pain meds prescribed to my DIL from a recent auto accident.

That's two houses in a row, side by side, same time of day.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Break in/crime sticky is a great idea Sean! My neighborhood, in Ferry Pass, has a few each week. I get emails on daily events through ECSO. Amazing how much crap goes on!
    Alarm systems are a MUST these days!!!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will not live in another house without an alarm system and cameras. We have been broke into before. Luckily a neighbor was home and saw him and the scum was caught in our house by the cops while we were not home. The loss of security in your home is something I hope no one ever has to experience. I don't care where you live, it can happen to you.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sit quietly an wait for some crack-head to touch my door knob. I got adt all right....."acute defence thats terminal"

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Step son had his security system installed last year. They got a little lax in arming it every morning but after yesterday's break in next door she did so this morning luckily.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm so glad I don't live in Pensacola. I know crime happens everywhere, I used to live in Montgomery, Alabama for goodness sakes. However, knock on wood, but crime has not found us over here in our little piece of Okaloosa County.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm so glad I don't live in Pensacola. I know crime happens everywhere, I used to live in Montgomery, Alabama for goodness sakes. However, knock on wood, but crime has not found us over here in our little piece of Okaloosa County.

In my area, crime is pretty low also and very very few break ins. For now. What I am finding out though is there is a lot more crime going down everywhere than advertised.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats sucks!

My house was broken into when I was 10 & my single mother shot at him with a 38sp. That experience is something that will stick with me for life. My neighbor even shot at him 5 times as he ran away. My neighbor was lucky he did not hit him as I am sure he could have been charged with something. They robbed 4 other houses that night.

Another thing to remember is to have the cell guard if you have ADT or some sort of back up communication with the provider. I got it because I cancelled my home phone but it also works in case they cut the phone lines.

Alarms are great but if your not home a lot can be stolen before the cops get there. Thats why a safe is a must these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom