• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trying to find information on bow hunting in AL. I've never been hunting or shot at any animal before but want to while I'm here. Not looking to go a lot but trying to find a place in AL where I can go and pay someone. Can yall help a new guy out?

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryan... Before the boys attack...

Us hunters like humane kills, if you've never shot an animal before you need to spend some time practicing and becoming proficient with your weapon. If you are then it's important to disclose so. Gen. rifle season started in Alabama last week - I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find a lot of bow hunters out during rifle season, but you may be able to practice and hook up with someone towards the end of the season if it comes back in, I'm not sure about Alabama regs. You may want to disclose if you have a hunting license or any hunting experience, my guess is you're better off trying public land. it's pretty late in the season to get onto a lease or find someone to tag along with.

I wish you the best of luck, bow hunting is truly a craft.

Last edited:

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I 2nd everything Clay said.
    In south Alabama (Zone B) gun season is closed from Dec 1 - Dec 10. But archery is open straight through February 10.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just looking for general information for next year. I'm all about humane kills and the biggest reason why I've never even looked into hunting is because I don't know the process on start to finish hunt legally and ethically. A couple new guys transferred into my unit that are hunters and I'll try to hook up with them i know they won't know about any leases or anything around the area though. Just something I've wanted to do before I leave AL. Pretty sure back in CA I won't have the opportunity to.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If it's anything like FL, the AL state wildlife should have a good website detailing the management areas, hunting seasons, and all the other info. Hopefully you can get in with someone who has a lease and doesn't mind helping. Try the local shops, Campbells in Robertsdale should have some info or at least be able to refer you. If I come across something else I'll PM ya.

Top Bottom