• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just read 2 more that are light hearted and all about what is great about America. They are from the Duck Dynasty family.
    "Happy, Happy, Happy" by Phil and "Duck Commander Family" by Willy and Korie.
    Quick, light reads and very inspirational. I enjoyed them both.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just read a book by Willam W. johnstone called Phoenix Rising that was scary as Hell. It's all Based around here Starting at Ft Morgan in Alabama and then spreading out to Pcola. It uses different names for the characters like for George Soros they use Warren Sorroto ( Sound familiar? Barry Soto, Obamas name in College) And Obamas character is Mehdi Ohmshidi, an appropriate Muslim name. It also refers to the past as pre O times. The way they spell out how and who causes the fall of the US is mind blowing because it's so believable. And being set local is cool too. It also brings up some things you don't really think about in the times of our demise of our nations Constitution and implementation of sharia law here. Good read IMO.

This one is on my read soon list! Thanks Turtle!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just read 2 more that are light hearted and all about what is great about America. They are from the Duck Dynasty family.
    "Happy, Happy, Happy" by Phil and "Duck Commander Family" by Willy and Korie.
    Quick, light reads and very inspirational. I enjoyed them both.

I'll check these out too!

So many books, so little time.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lone survivor ? Anyone have it to lone out our sell? I have American sniper I just finished

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That reminds me: Has anyone on here used the "Lend Me' function from Barnes and Nobles? I'm trying to send our secretary a couple of books off of my Nook. Haven't spent the time to study it yet but I think both parties have to have a CC account with B&N for it to work.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just finished the third book in the Remaining series by D.J. Molles and happy to see his forth book "Fractured" is out and ready to download to my Kindle. I just started reading "Wool" which is okay but I'm looking forward to jump back in to the Remaining series.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lone survivor ? Anyone have it to lone out our sell? I have American sniper I just finished
    I finally had a chance to check the bookshelves at home (I guess I can thank the rain for something).
    I didn't buy Lone Survivor; I checked it out from the library.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anybody has a Kindle, I have a few books I will loan out if you will return the favor. Amozon will let me loan, Enemies Foreign And Domestic the series, A Rifleman Went to War and Paul Revere's Ride . They wont let you lend just any book just about a third of the ones I paid for. PM me a genre and I will see what I can loan.
    David

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I recently read “How Do You Kill 11 Million People?” By Andy Andrews

For those mindful of historical events, the answer is obvious.

It’s a very short book (47 pages) but gets right to the point.

You can read the reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0849948355/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

BTW, the author was born in Birmingham, Al and currently lives in Gulf Shores, Al.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.​

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OKay...

So I think anyone that has ever served or that plans on serving should read Robert Heinlein's "starship trooper"...It is nothing like the movie.

"Alas babylon" by Pat frank is awesome. It is a one day read with the setting right there in florida.

"Armour" by John Steakly...about once a year or so I will re-read this.

"a Short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson...A long read, but well worth it

"7 piliars of wisdom" By T.E Lawrence..Another long read.

"the unforgiving minute" By CPT Craig Mullaney....Ever Combat leader should have to read this.

"the company of Soldiers" By Rick Atkinson...another quick read about good ol P4 and the role of the 101st in the Iraqi invasion.

"not a good day to die" By Sean Naylor....he gets it right.

"Five years to freedom" By James Rowe...If you don't get a little jerk up by this book, you aren't human.

"In the company of Heroes" By Michael Durant.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Scott Harvath Series by Brad Thor, and Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. Great series about Operators CIA etc..

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, Alas Babylon is probably one of the first modern survivalist novels ever to be published. I just re-read it this past summer. I've been trying to find On the Beach recently, another in the genre and about as old. I'll check out the other titles. Thanks Centermass and welcome to the forum!

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've read a few good ones lately. One Rough Man by Brad Taylor. Suicide Mission by William Johnstone and Poseidon's Arrow by Clive Cussler. All Great reads if your into action books and Politics.

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dies in the Fire by S.M. Sterling great book. Found it in free book box in Baghdad made for an interesting read.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I think anyone that has ever served or that plans on serving should read Robert Heinlein's "starship trooper"...It is nothing like the movie.

100% Agree! Even better read the first chapter or two and then guess when it was written. No peeking.

Ender's Game was also a good read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom