• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A little lathe work, some threading, a bit of TIG welding and a file. IMAG1029.jpg
    Still needs final shaping and cerakote.

Attachments

• IMAG1029.jpg
      IMAG1029.jpg
      20.2 KB · Views: 164

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice,,,,,TennJeeps did his and was pic loaded, did you do it a similar way? Btw, the down turn, that's unique?

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made the bolt handle out of stainless and counterbored it to lighten. Turned the factory knob off and threaded on my lathe then TIG welded it with 309 stainless wire and polished the weld to avoid having to use epoxy. The 12 degree angle change was personal preference to shorten the distance my hand has to move to contact the bolt. This was designed as a long range hybrid hunting/tactical rifle so fast reloads were part of the design.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats 12degree? Thats a steep 12degree if I'd ever seen it. I respect the work, but the angle doesnt jive with me. Cool deal though and more power to ya for diving into the modifications!!

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats 12degree? Thats a steep 12degree if I'd ever seen it. I respect the work, but the angle doesnt jive with me. Cool deal though and more power to ya for diving into the modifications!!

The camera angle sucks on this picture and the mirror effect doesn't help much. Will post a few more when its properly coated. Bolt was indexed in the fixture with the centerline of the factory knurled handle at 0/0 then rotated to produce a final 5/16x16 thread turned down 3 degrees and back 12. Measurement was referenced to the centerline of the bolt body at the forward edge of the existing handle so it could be duplicated on my other rifles if I liked it. Bear in mind that my inability to explain a concept pales in comparison to an attempt to draw it. Lmao

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I think I see what he's talking about. The knob goes down vertically, but it also goes back laterally...maybe he's talking about 12deg( 0 being straight out) back. The bend down looks about 120deg( 90 being straight out), in that pic.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It never ceases to amaze me. Post a thread with a picture and explanation of how it was done and there's always debate about some detail being correct. Last I checked a runout gauge, a set of calipers and a machinists rule were pretty basic. Add a calculator and you can pretty much build anything. The fixture is available from pacific tool and for for 199$ with the cutter. Modify the dimension with a vertical mill and have at it.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im sorry. I wasnt critiquing, just commenting. Didnt mean to pee in your cheerios. As you can probably tell, I think its great when people get involved and do things themselves. More power to ya, didnt mean to offend you.

Top Bottom