• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's your budget , caliber, and finish you're looking for? I see them quite often. I can send you a link if I find one that's within your peramiters. Just keep in mind most online dealers have a backlog on shipping so it could take some time to receive what you're looking for once it's ordered.
    Lol I seen that PSA have them toolcraft nib $119 but they out of stock. I looking for .556

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that most everybody makes a good one nowadays. As stated above,MPI and all that. Properly staked key,etc,etc.
    All mine now are NiB. For 308/AR's also. Smoother,super easy to keep clean,resists carbon buildup,etc.
    Before use I take out the extractor claw and ejector plunger,clean,and grease.
    If you have not already . . buy the little tool that helps greatly. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe that most everybody makes a good one nowadays. As stated above,MPI and all that. Properly staked key,etc,etc.
    All mine now are NiB. For 308/AR's also. Smoother,super easy to keep clean,resists carbon buildup,etc.
    Before use I take out the extractor claw and ejector plunger,clean,and grease.
    If you have not already . . buy the little tool that helps greatly. --- SAWMAN
    One of the nice things about the AR is that a non-gunsmith with some mechanical skills can upgrade an AR without breaking breaking the bank.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is the tool that I use. Got the paperwork somewhere. Will find it for you for the name and contact info if you want it.
    Holds the bolt,compresses the ejector plunger,hole to drive out the pin. --- SAWMAN View attachment 84775
    Definitely a smart idea and a tool to have if your going to be doing it a lot. Not so much if your not going to assemble much. I can say I’ve had a few over the years fly out and this would have saved a lot of looking around the floor with a flashlight. As far as the BCG any that are MPI are normally good quality. Most BCGs come from the same place anyways like mentioned before. Now most of mine are WMD NIBX BCGs, yes they are alittle more expensive but they are super slick, clean way faster then normal ones. All are MPI/ shot peen tested. Staking on the keys are great and I’ve never had a extractor issue, or any issue for that matter.

I also have plenty of PSA BCGs that I haven’t had any issues with either. I always switch out for the BCM extractor upgrade kit thats about 5 bucks. ( I like to shoot steel case ) :cool:

I have a BCA BCG but only have about 800 rounds so I can’t say much about it yet. So far so good.

I think you’ll be good if you follow any of the above post. Don’t over think it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What fun is that? You probably won’t have to look all over the room trying to find the plunger if you use that tool.
    After some hard lessons I also deal with releasing in captive springs by putting the piece with the captive spring in the bath tub. Draw the shower curtain and put the plug in the drain.
    I have lost the plug that went flying off a 1911 and found it a couple years later in a box of reprints. It was small one that went over the recoil spring guide.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    putting the piece with the captive spring in the bath tub. Draw the shower curtain and put the plug in the drain.

Why have I never thought of this! I’ve used cardboard boxes before just in case but this is not only funny but probably very effective.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why have I never thought of this! I’ve used cardboard boxes before just in case but this is not only funny but probably very effective.
    What I need is something like a glove box that the microbiologists use.
    My experience with springs is that when they go flying they will find the most hidden place to end up in.

1589984411751.png

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What I need is something like a glove box that the microbiologists use.
    My experience with springs is that when they go flying they will find the most hidden place to end up in.

View attachment 84779

Hahaha lmao so true. I guess you could get off cheaper if you go to harbor freight and get one of the bead blast stations.
    I’ve lost many a spring and coter pins in the Army so I’ve learned to be extra careful now.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've ordered from here a few times with good results.

Top Bottom