• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    sat down at a diner in mich once, saw grits on the menu, ordered them, the waitress said it was the first day they had them, and she wanted to know what a grit was...

canceled the order, went with the home fries instead..

Was in Bartlesville Oklahoma walked in the restaurant saw grits on the menu and ordered them. When I saw the waitress digging under the counter at the cash register and blowing dust off the instant grits package she had dug out I hollered no make it hashbrowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    properly cooked cheese grits do not need anything added to them to eat, cept maybe a few pcs of fried crackers or bream. and some hushpuppies.
    sugar? i would have hit him upside the head with ballcap that had a confederate flag on it...

Ah, "Cheese" Grits, like tomato gravy is putting a paper bag over her head, y'all already disguised them. Do what you gotta do to get through them. Lol

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, folks from the upper USA eat scrapple! Corn is the sole ingredient in grits , scrapple is made from what ever scrapes they find In the slaughter house. Yuck!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've tried them. Boiled peanuts are like eating a slimy lima bean after removing the exoskeleton. "Grits" is an attractive name for a bland corn porridge. It the food equivalent of an plain ugly woman that nobody's interested in unless it disguised with thick makeup, attractive dress and accessories so its almost palatable. This is the exact reason there are so many ways to "serve" grits after they're boiled. I promise that I will not consume any of the above comfort foods, thereby leaving more for your alterations and enjoyment.

I could talk about mud bugs and gator balls too but I fear I may end up with a bounty on my head. Lol
    The only time I've disagreed with you.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Boiled peanut wagon. On the corner of 29 and Atmore Hwy (97). Across from Tom Thumb.
    Choice of Cajun or salty. Cajun is HOT !! --- SAWMAN
    His are not jumbo. It's been a while. I'll say they didn't used to be. He's got the little dark red skinned ones. not saying they aren't good! I'll eat a gallon bag!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    virginia and new mexico is where they used to come from..he said ga peanuts are too oily

last time I had them, they were underdone a bit, new owner, jim sold it to them

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picked up 5 lb.s of regular boiled & 2 lb.s of Cajun boiled peanuts from Holland Farms south ofJay yesterday
    The only thing Cajun my wife likes is boiled peanuts in Cajun spices she just doesn’t know how many great foods she is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, folks from the upper USA eat scrapple! Corn is the sole ingredient in grits , scrapple is made from what ever scrapes they find In the slaughter house. Yuck!
    Pork Stock, Pork, Pork Skin, Corn Meal, Wheat Flower, Pork Livers, Pork Hearts, Pork Tounges, Salt and Spices. If you have processed meat products with "variety meats” or “with meat byproducts.” listed in ingredients: your eating "organs" too. Lol. I'll eat it at a friend's house, its okay but not something I'd order.

A much better northern breakfast meat is sealed in a cotton sack! Up north a deli will slice the thickness to your preference or chunk-estimate a pound or two. Smaller cotton sack of goodness 1 to 3 pounds are available "up there". A real geographical restricted food. A few Fl Publics stores carry it in an 8 slice pkg/box @ $4 +-. Be brave Southern Gentelman and try it, after all: its PORK!

6lbs-Taylor.jpg

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Back in April, my wife and I were on a tour bus in Charleston, SC, and the guide was talking about boiled peanuts and where to buy them locally. The guide said one time when he was giving this presentation, a man with a northern accent shouted, "I didn't realize peanuts had hair." The guide said he did not understand. The man replied "You keep talking about bald peanuts."
    Lol. My Nephew's son says he likes bald shrimp the best!

ELite89

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is how we store them. My wife has got the perfect recipe for canning them. They will keep for several years this way, though I wouldn't know for sure since they don't last that long here! A 27lb bag from Holland's will do 27qts. We just took a case to our cabin in Kentucky to have when we are there.
    Any chance she would share her process/recipe?

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A while back, I was curious and reading about the history of boiled peanuts.(my wife and I both love a good boiled peanut, I like em spicier than her though) we learned that they started around the time of the civil war. Sherman was killing everyone's livestock but there wasn't enough meat to go around anyway and the confederacy used peanuts to provide protein for the troops. They kept for a long time and kept the troops alive, and were abundant in the south. I'd think that eating them as a snack might be different from having to eat them to survive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom