• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    We had a limited season on them here in Florida. Jan 1st to March 31st I think.

I get them respond to the caller on occasion but I have decided not to shoot them any longer.
    Here in bama, no season.( open) You have to register them within 14 days though. I enjoy just seeing them. Lesson also learned a 6 foot fence will not stop them. We haven't moved up there yet this is our dog area so that may keep em out.
    image000001(1) (4).jpg
    image000000(1) (3).jpg

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    The only Coon I have ever eaten was cooked in a Roasting Pan on a rack to keep it up out of the grease. It was basted with several coats of a mix of Dry Sherry Wine (Not Cooking Sherry) and Black Current Jam during the last 30 minutes of roasting. :)

It'll make your tongue knock your teeth out!

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm always amazed at people who think "nothing is out there". Without game cameras, you just don't know. I figure every time I see something (deer, hog, etc) that it's been there 5-10x more when I haven't seen it.

Thankfully we don't have hogs on our property often anymore, but plenty of deer and waterfowl (geese, ducks). I did see one of those Florida "Fox Squirrels" once with the big bushy tail and we had a black bear young'in come once as well. No cats that I know of, but the coyotes raise cane off in the distance (only seen one of them one time).

We did see 3 Bald Eagles last year, once feasted on the whistler ducks before leaving.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have noticed several dead bobcats on the road and lots of dead coyotes. The bobcats recently and the coyotes a few weeks back.
    Timing for the road kill seems early, it’s usually closer to March.

Top Bottom