• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My 6 ARC continues to produce good results despite using the ELD-Match round, shot this guy at about 100 yards. Nice cutters.

Was set up for coyote calling and this group of six fed to within 10-15 yards of my truck, wish I had brought my TLR-1 VIR equipped G35. Would have been an easy IR pistol kill.

Cooler weather means more hunting...

Last edited:

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My 6 ARC continues to produce good results despite using the ELD-Match round, shot this guy at about 100 yards. Nice cutters.

Was set up for coyote calling and this group of six fed to within 10-15 yards of my truck, wish I had brought my TLR-1 VIR equipped G35. Would have been an easy IR pistol kill.

Cooler weather means more hunting...
    You say this as if you're not to crazy about this particular load.

Yes....nice cutters for sure!!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You say this as if you're not to crazy about this particular load.

Yes....nice cutters for sure!!

It's very accurate in my rifle, but Terminal Ballistics is where it's at shooting live animals.

If I understand Hornady, the ELD-X expands more rapidly and is designed for game whereas the ELD-Match is intended for target use.

Terminal ballistics are probably better with the X, especially on a non-CNS hit, than the Match. But... dead is dead.

I love it when a bullet does not exit and all the energy is dumped into the animal. Expanding bullets, such as Hornady's SST line does just that... I love the SST line, don't know if they make it in 6mm, I'll have to look.

The Match kills... no doubt.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It's my understanding......

The ELD-Match is a softer more frangible bullet design that gives a more explosive effect on impact. It's for target shooting and deeper penetration on animals was not a concern.

The ELD-X is built to hold together a little better and give more penetration on animals. From what I've seen...the ELD-X and the SST give about the same result.

Not sure I could tell a difference between the 3 of them on the animals I shoot.

I too am in the explosive, rapid expansion camp when it comes to killing animals with no exit needed. :cool:

I also don't hunt BIG BEARS!! LOL!!! :D :D

Top Bottom