• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Help me with this. Handled several. Trigger gives new meaning to the word horrible but this pales next to the God awful lack of accuracy. Why are they so coveted? I love die hard as much as the next guy but don’t see the attraction.

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are very accurate, and though the trigger is bad from the factory it is not difficult to clean them up or replace the sear.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Help me with this. Handled several. Trigger gives new meaning to the word horrible but this pales next to the God awful lack of accuracy. Why are they so coveted? I love die hard as much as the next guy but don’t see the attraction.
    Augs are great man! The 16" barrel aug is 4" shorter than a 14.5 AR with the stock full collapsed. The 16" aug is only an inch and a half longer than a 9mm MP5. They balance excellent with suppressors. Stock triggers are definitely pretty ass, but the AUG was designed more for military durability and safety than precision marksmanship. These can be thrown off a roof and they won't fire when they hit the ground (although the stock will be toast lol). That said, I don't think the trigger is much worse than a semi auto milspec AR. Steyr does have a spring kit that REALLY improves the trigger, but it potentially loses its military drop safe ratings.

Top Bottom