Target Sports

Beware! Fake and Counterfeit scopes and lights are everywhere!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Fake/counterfeit scopes, optics, flashlights, weapon lights, accessories, and even batteries are everywhere. If you are buying a good name brand product, consider where you buy it from. Unless you buy from an authorized dealer for the item you are buying, you will probably get a fake product! I’m not even kidding, the majority of Surefire products sold on eBay or Amazon are fakes! Many of the sellers online intentionally try to pass off counterfeit goods as authentic. But even if the seller sells authentic items, many counterfeit items are mixed in, because people order items and switch the original for counterfeit items and return them, and then the seller unknowingly resells the counterfeit item. This happens everywhere online now. Some items that are commonly faked are Surefire products (just about every model of weaponlight, flashlight, and even items like their Warden). Even Streamlight has a decent enough reputation that many streamlight products are faked. Magpul accessories and rails are commonly faked. Optics like Aimpoint and Eotech are very common, and trijicon and elcan fakes are out there too. Ordinary Energizer and Duracell alkaline batteries are commonly faked! I’m sure the list of products goes on and on!
    I have personally bought many of these counterfeit goods. I intentionally ordered some of the counterfeit goods, to compare them against the real deal. The fakes now are scary good! They aren’t nearly as easy to spot, as they were a few years ago. A $12.99 Surefire M600 Scout weapon light from China looks virtually identical to a legitimate one that I paid $300 for. Many of the parts interchanged, including the pressure pad switches. And the fake pressure pads even have the identical Surefire logo molded into them. A while ago, I got burned on a fake Aimpoint. I bought it new in the box, full retail price, from a dealer, and it turned out to be fake. Fake batteries are an issue because the battery life is not the same, and the fake batteries can also ruin the items that you put them in! Even legitimate brand alkaline batteries can potentially leak, but the likelihood of leaking is much higher with the counterfeits! I run lithium batteries in anything that I care about now.
    With fake/counterfeit items being so common now, and with it being extremely difficult to spot the differences, please be cautious in what you buy, and where you buy it from! When you buy something used, even from someone you trust, you still have to be careful; the seller might not even know the item is fake.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    My post is definitely repetitive, I just don’t want anyone to get burned, and I’ve been burned too many times, especially in recent history.
    I appreciate the heads up. I just hate to learn that a country with a population of 1.5 billion is teaching it's people that stealing and defrauding the worlds population is an acceptable business practice.

Top Bottom